Elevator does not react

loscsaba86

Hello!

If I am preparing for landing, I often use the trimmer.
And very often if I trim the aircraft, the elevator does not react anymore, I cannot pull up the nose and I just simply hit the ground - without any chance....

Why?

I have enough speed (400 kmh), I have the wheels down and the flaps are in landing positions.

This reaction after trimming is a bit strange....

Its a bug. Dont deploy full flaps above 400 is said to help....

8 minutes ago, loscsaba86 said:

Hello!

If I am preparing for landing, I often use the trimmer.
And very often if I trim the aircraft, the elevator does not react anymore, I cannot pull up the nose and I just simply hit the ground - without any chance....

Why?

I have enough speed (400 kmh), I have the wheels down and the flaps are in landing positions.

This reaction after trimming is a bit strange....

vor 2 Stunden schrieb hovring:

Its a bug. Dont deploy full flaps above 400 is said to help....

Okay thank you, but will this bug be fixed? (Of course I dont want to deplay flaps at high speed, it wont be realistic anyway.)

And why just after the update do I have this problem? Or we, better said, because other pilots have the same issue.

This was mentioned as well in this thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/289581-elevator-and-ailerons-getting-stuck-during-landing/

As I mentioned in that thread, here's what works for me (at least until the apparent (?) bug is fixed:

On descent, keep speed above 500kmh
- Long final, drop to 500kmh, lower gear, maintain at least 400kmh
- Medium final, lower take off flaps, maintain at least 350-400kmh
- Short final, lower landing flaps, maintain 300-350kmh, 10 degrees AoA

• Like 1

19 hours ago, loscsaba86 said:

Ok, I understand, thank you for all the answers!

I went into a little bit more detail about some tolerances here, in case you're curious. It's 99% behavior that shouldn't be happening, I believe. 

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!