Freeze During Active Pause

zippydoda

I am running 2.7.9.18080  on Windows 10, Ryzen 7 3800x, 32 GB ram, RTX 2070 Super.  I'm flying the A10C II doing Weapons Practice in the Nevada Range. I did not have this issue prior to updating a few days ago, but this is happening very consistently now with the new Beta. It happens after I go into Active Pause mode and stay there for a while - like when I'm reading up on what to do next.   The image freezes, although I can pan with my TrackIR.  Controls have no affect, no keyboard commands etc.  When I look at Task Manager I see that it is consuming CPU on a couple of threads, and the GPU is maxed out.  I kill it with task manager.  The log file is from one of those sessions where I killed it.  Let me know if you need anything more. 

Edit:  This is happening almost every time in Active Pause - with multiple aircraft.  Hopefully fix coming soon.....  I'll stop play and monitor for a fix - unplayable at this point.  

dcs.log

Edited by zippydoda
Additional info

• ED Team

Hi, 

I have been unable to reproduce. 

Have you tried a slow repair of DCS just to rule out any strangeness? 

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2