AIRIO: proposal for voice commands to order Jester lock an specific target

Al-Azraq

Hello!

So I have noticed that it is not possible to order Jester to lock an specific radar contact. You can do it if you are in TWS and have AIM-54 onboard as in that case the system assigns a number to each track and you can order Jester to lock an specific track using that number.

However, if you are not in TWS or you don't have AIM-54 onboard, the system doesn't assign this number and you can't lock an specific contact using AIRIO. If you disable AIRIO and use the wheel instead, you have to option to do so as shown in these screenshots from a Grim Reaper's video:

chrome_2022-01-13_11-52-05.jpg

chrome_2022-01-13_12-05-40.jpg

So this means that it should be possible to integrate this into AIRIO. I understand that it would be difficult to integrate it directly into AIRIO as saying the azimuth or knowing which number in the wheel is assigned to each contact is impossible. But I've been thinking and if this idea could be introduced I think it could be a good solution to have this critical ability built into AIRIO:

Would it be possible to issue a command that makes pop-out a text message that lists all the contacts with the REL. AZ. and DISTANCE as in the wheel, with an assigned number 1-8 , and then order Jester to lock them by saying that number?

For instance:

Player: "Lock Specific Target"

Result: Text message is shown with:

1. Rel. Az.: 20 Distance: 13 nm

2. Rel. Az.: 18 Distance: 37 nm

Player: "Lock target 2"

Result: Jester locks bandit 2 Rel. Az.: 18 Distance: 37 nm

I hope something like this could be implemented as having the ability of locking an specific contact is very important.

Best regards,

Edited by Al-Azraq
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

Shameless bump and ping to @Hollywood_315so he can take a look.

• Like 2

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

1 hour ago, Japo32 said:

Well.. I would be happy if only the default instructions would work. Specially the ones broken with the new Lantirn Rio Vaicom. But Hollywood don't usually appear too much latelly.

Which version of VAICOM did they get broken (2.5.26.x)? 

I wish minor updates were also available for download at the site to revert. Latest version is completely bored for me. 2.5.26.4

Pretty sure 2.5.26.3 was working fine, but not sure if it was latest DCS update that broke the latest VAICOM update. As of now I cannot test. Will revert back to 2.5.24 again. 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

don't remember but what I know is that if I go back to a previous version, I would loose the functions that are working for Airio in the lantirn part. I am not saying that the AiRio Lantirn is completelly broken. There are lot of things that works, but others (in my list) they do not work.

My complain is the missing of the man that is selling this product to give us support. We have to wait months until he want/can to give us some kind of fixes... and not complete. I suppose that he don't see so many complains in this AIRio part, because I suppose most of the poeple don't use it, but I bought the "complete" version of vaicom and I wish to have a complete version of it working. I made a huge effort to give @Hollywood_315more sellings making for free an spanish translate fully working of this plugin and I feel stupid because of that, because I don't receive the same effort in the support of his product.

I sell planes for xplane for 10 years already, and there has not been any single day that I read the support forums of my planes to give all the users with problems support. So I know what I am taking about.

Edited by Japo32