Radar mode 2 is bugged

slaxor

Hi guys,

Trying to figure out if it is a bug I am missing something. With radar on and set to mode 2 (above 2000 m altitude) and track antenna (Ar-18-16) is ON the radar screens is switching off. I'd assume that it is main radar mode though it is not working. Anyone has experienced the same or it is known bug?

Thanks!

i5-13600KF / RTX4080/ 32GB DDR4 3000 / Quest 2

FFBeast Flight-stick base with VKB MCG Ultimate + 200 mm extension, FFBeast Marksman-XX Rudder Pedals

On 1/16/2022 at 4:29 AM, slaxor said:

Hi guys,

Trying to figure out if it is a bug I am missing something. With radar on and set to mode 2 (above 2000 m altitude) and track antenna (Ar-18-16) is ON the radar screens is switching off. I'd assume that it is main radar mode though it is not working. Anyone has experienced the same or it is known bug?

Thanks!

Hey,

Are you sure you warmed up the radar properly and/or it didn't ran out of coolant? I remember I managed to break it without proper warming up... 😉

Yeah, I'm pretty sure. It works in Mode 1 with no issues. I assume if it was not warmed up properly then Mode 1 would not work too, right? Also interesting, that Izumrud Radar indication lamp (Next to mode switch), which as per instruction indicates that Radar is operation correctly, lights up when I switch to Mode 2 but the screen goes off at the same time. The lamp is off in Mode 1 though.

FFBeast Flight-stick base with VKB MCG Ultimate + 200 mm extension, FFBeast Marksman-XX Rudder Pedals

8 hours ago, slaxor said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure. It works in Mode 1 with no issues. I assume if it was not warmed up properly then Mode 1 would not work too, right? Also interesting, that Izumrud Radar indication lamp (Next to mode switch), which as per instruction indicates that Radar is operation correctly, lights up when I switch to Mode 2 but the screen goes off at the same time. The lamp is off in Mode 1 though.

Lamp is there to tell you, that radar is operating, when you switch to the tracking antenna only, as far as I remember. Scope is connected to search antenna, and shuts down when that antenna is off.

I've captured video and pretty sure it is at least mix up Mode 1 is Mode 2 and visa versa. The lamp is also not working as per manual and working only when the screen is off (assume it is mode 1). The range of mode 1 is a bit too long 2km instead of 1.2km as per manual. Explained that in the video.

https://youtu.be/CA5E4NWQqzs

• Thanks 2

• 3 months later...
On 1/20/2022 at 5:20 PM, slaxor said:

I've captured video and pretty sure it is at least mix up Mode 1 is Mode 2 and visa versa. The lamp is also not working as per manual and working only when the screen is off (assume it is mode 1). The range of mode 1 is a bit too long 2km instead of 1.2km as per manual. Explained that in the video.

https://youtu.be/CA5E4NWQqzs

Yes please can we get this fixed already?? Also the ranging on the GUNS in RADAR mode when locked is not correct and the TARGET is missed every time

I would like to make some missions for GCI in poor Vis conditions using GUNS in RADAR MODE something this aircraft was designed to do

Edited by christopher m
  • Like 4

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Christopher M

• 2 months later...
On 5/10/2022 at 5:33 AM, christopher m said:

Yes please can we get this fixed already?? Also the ranging on the GUNS in RADAR mode when locked is not correct and the TARGET is missed every time

I would like to make some missions for GCI in poor Vis conditions using GUNS in RADAR MODE something this aircraft was designed to do

This may be accurately modelled.

https://hushkit.net/2017/10/30/flying-and-fighting-in-the-mig-19-in-conversation-with-wg-cdr-irfan-masum-part-1/

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

• 4 months later...
On 5/10/2022 at 12:33 AM, christopher m said:

Apparently still broken at the end of 2022. I've been trying to learn the MiG-19 using Chuck's guide and the training mission and they all give the wrong advice relative to the current behavior of the switch.

• Like 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2022 at 3:32 AM, sthompson said:

Apparently still broken at the end of 2022. I've been trying to learn the MiG-19 using Chuck's guide and the training mission and they all give the wrong advice relative to the current behaviour of the switch.

BUMP I would also like to add some missions with GCI and PAR/GCA Ground Control Approach (script) and this BUG along with the GUNS in RADAR Mode inaccuracy just makes this plane very difficult to Master especially since this BUG is not even in the BUG section? This is a Great Plane it just needs some work 

• Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Christopher M

• 4 months later...

came here searching for this as well. I'm following Chuck's guide and either he has the modes wrong or the Mig-19 has the modes wrong. Mode 1 is high altitude in the sim/

Has anyone gotten feedback from the devs on this? i'd like some clarification

• Like 1

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

• 9 months later...

This aircraft is starting to look like abandonware.

@BIGNEWY What is the situation with this aircraft? Bugs are going years without being addressed (and that ignores what happened with the AV-8B and its systems).

Edited by Tiger-II
  • Like 3

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."