OpenHarrier (AV-8B)

Xpendable

I'm going to be building a full scale AV-8B Harrier simpit in my basement.  I'm starting an "OpenHarrier" group and plan to share all files I create for the greater good of the hobby.  For the past couple of months I have spent countless hours building up a CAD model in FreeCAD.  I want to use as much free and open source software tools as I can over using paid software.  I'm not planning on selling anything, and sharing is caring. 

Anyway, here's what I've got going so far.  The construction geometry is only draft placeholder stuff for right now, as I figure out the size and materials that I'm going to use to recreate the different pieces.  I have a long way to go.  I hope to start actual wood construction in about 1-2 months and I will certainly be sharing my models by then.  For now, here's a taste:

2022-01-26-Panels.png

Edited by Xpendable
tags
  • Like 4

On 1/26/2022 at 10:26 PM, Xpendable said:

I'm going to be building a full scale AV-8B Harrier simpit in my basement.  I'm starting an "OpenHarrier" group...

Had a look for the group on FB but had no luck.  It may be my inability to use facebook, but maybe it's private atm?

• 4 months later...
Hi too, I started designing an av-8b cockpit but I can't find the dimensions of the cabin you could send me some material thanks sorry my english but I'm using the google translator thank you very much

• 1 year later...