Question about available weapons load outs for F/A-18C. No AIM-120 or 9X ?

cru

This is probably a dumb question, but, Ive finally started dabbling on flying DCS in online/multiplayer mode.  My question is, whenever I try to select my weapons load out via the ground crew dialogs, the only things available are things like AIM-7’s and AIM-9M’’s.  Taking off from Tablisi in a crowded PvP server is pretty much a death sentence if all you’re carrying is AIM-7’’s, lol.  

Is it possible to load up AIM-120’s and AIM-9X’s?

Thanks in advance.

29 minutes ago, norman99 said:

Which server? Sounds like it’s restricting the weapons to 80s/early 90s only.

GS Open Conflict.  I keep getting killed from 1-800-AT&T reach out and touch someone land with AIM-120’s to the face with no RWR warnings until pit bull ... so, everyone but me apparently has them lol

There are two things you can do. First, when you pull up the loadout screen in the MP server you can right click on the individual stations which will pull up a drop down menu with a list of all of the weapons available for that particular weapons station. Second, you can open up the mission editor before joining the MP server and create a mission with an F/A-18C lot 20 (or any other platform for that matter) and if you have the correct mission set for the server you want to fly on you can create a premade loadout. The key to the premade loadout is the correct mission set for the module on the MP server you want to fly on. The default loadouts for CAP mission set for the Hornet are all AIM-7/AIM-9 loadouts.

Edited by Vampyre
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"