New PC. A couple question on setting up DCS again.

just built a new pc and have a couple questions if I may:

1. I took my old DCS Samsung 1TB SSD over from my old PC that had my install of DCS on.  I have an NVME now that i installed windows on... should i keep running DCS off the Samsung or install fresh on the NVME? 
  2. If i install DCS on the nvme, is there a way to point it to the SSD for all the maps and module installs (i'd like it to boot faster but the maps and modules take up soooo much space )
  3. I maxed the graphics out just to check performance... my radeon 6900xt was at 77/78 deg C and my CPU with liquid cooling was at 50 deg.  are they too hot?  when i stopped the sim my cpu dropped to 38 deg c and the gpu to 50 deg C
  4. My new TUF Gaming Mobo doesnt have too many USB ports.... What are you guys doing / what should i consider in order to get my warthog/mfd/rudders hooked up cleanly?

Thanks ... looking forward to flying again.

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

5 hours ago, dooom said:

just built a new pc and have a couple questions if I may:

1. I took my old DCS Samsung 1TB SSD over from my old PC that had my install of DCS on.  I have an NVME now that i installed windows on... should i keep running DCS off the Samsung or install fresh on the NVME? 
  2. If i install DCS on the nvme, is there a way to point it to the SSD for all the maps and module installs (i'd like it to boot faster but the maps and modules take up soooo much space 

installing DCS on a faster drive, and then leaving most of it on the slower one is self-defeating … if you have the space, then just copy your old DCS program folder onto the new drive, no need to reinstall from internet, which is much slower. You will have to rebind your aircraft controls unless you backup them first. Also hopefully you backed up your saved games/dcs/ folder so that you kept your logbook and campaign status.

if you dont have enough space on the new drive, then leave DcS where it is, you will still need to rebind or restore your controls and recover your saved games data.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB