Unable to set channel for VOCA & VOCB MIDS

Fabou78

Hi guys,

It has worked before but now when I try to set channel for VOCA or VOCB it doesn't work.

D/L => press VOCA or VOCB => then set the channel to 10 (for example) => then press enter

The pad will briefly show 10 then revert quickly to 127 which is the default.

I don't think this is a bug because I was online with some friends an they could set theirs to channel 10 and talk on that channel using SRS.

Any idea of what I might doing wrong?

It's a bug and it was reported AFAIK. SRS should still take you to the correct channel because the person that contributed the code for the F18 SRS exporter is very smart :music_whistling:

Edited by Ahmed
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info.

SRS does not work for me either it is showing OFF all the time even when I set a channel.  

I have again joined multiplayer and again it was working for some people.

Anyone can share a link showing where the issue has been reported ? Or anyone else can confirm facing same issue with those voice channels?

VOCA/B works on SRS works because of how it is integrated into DCS, not because the bug is intermittent.

VOC is not simulated at all internally in DCS. All changing the channel does is change the number displayed on the MIDs page, nothing more. Currently this is broken (hence the bug reports), the channel numbers don’t change.

SRS works not by reading the MIDs channel (which isn’t implemented), but rather by identifying the UFC inputs, and subsequently changing the SRS VOC channel, which is completely independent of DCS.