TARGET Device analyzer throws error?

The_Nephilim

hey everybody,

I am getting an error in Device analyzer when I try to start it. now in the past I just uninstalled and reinstalled TARGET and it most times fixes it but this time I keep getting this annoying error. I tried using v 3.0.18 and the latest 3.0.21 of TARGET. I am using a Thrustmaster Cougar and target for HomeFries Profile.

I am on a Fresh install of Win 10 and updated to latest updates and all.  I would like to find a fix for this as sometimes it happens and other times it does not when installing.

Specs are in Sig..

TARGET ERROR.png

Edited by The_Nephilim

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

An Exception is a pretty serious error, either due to corrupted software, or a hardware issue.  Since it is a fresh install of Windows, that hopefully rules out corrupted software. It might be a piece of software is missing or you have an older version (like required dependencies such as Microsoft supplied libraries).  Though a fresh install of Windows should have everything up to date.    

The fact that it happens sometimes and not others, and because you mention in the past you have reinstalled the software and it fixed things, but it keeps coming back - this is all indicative of an intermittent hardware issue like a USB port issue or maybe something wrong with your Cougar.  

Have you tried connecting the Cougar to different USB ports?  Like direct on the motherboard back panel vs. a hub vs. a USB port on your PC case (which probably connects to your motherboard).  Again, maybe you have a loose or intermittently bad USB connector?  

Do you have any other Thrustmaster devices to try this with?  Or does this happen if there are no USB game controllers attached?  I think the analyzer only works with Thrustmaster devices, but non-Thrustmaster devices might be affecting it.  

What other USB game controllers are attached?  I have seen the Thrustmaster Device Analyzer have some difficulties and I never figured out why, but I wondered if it had trouble with non-Thrustmaster devices connected.  The difficulties were UI issues and not quite running correctly, but never saw it crash.  

Well I usually just ended up reinstalling Windows and all but I just did that twice in a week. I am thinking it could be hardware related but what would cause that besides the HOTAS?

I have the Cougar plugged into a powered USB hub and I moved the plug back to a 2.0usb port on the motherboard. It seems to be tight but maybe the hub I have is bad?

I only have the 1 Cougar which was a barely used by the 1st owner as it broke some weeks after he bought it and decided to just sell it. so it is basically new old stock.. I have the 2 Thrustmaster MFD's connected to the hub along with the mouse.

I just unplugged a device from the HUB and the MFD's went out Maybe the hub is defective.. I will see if I can find a better hub for my setup I will also check the power plug maybe it is disconnected?

Thank you for the responce..

EDIT: I reinstalled Windows and moved the usb from the cougar to the front USB on my PC I still get the target device analyzer error.. could it be anything else other then maybe the joystick?

Edited by The_Nephilim
added info

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

Well I had set Win updates for other microsoft products and it did update 2 C++ files but I still get that nagging error. I was wondering could it have been the recent Win 10 updates as there where quite a few of them..

Other then windows update I had alway been able to get the Device analyser working after a fresh install. I am thinking it is a Win 10 issue at this point as I have tried everything else..

Well if anybody has any ideas I am sure to try them..

Thank you.

Edited by The_Nephilim

Ya, I would continue to look at possible hardware issues. You also should contact Thrustmaster support. Then again, if this is only happening with the TARGET Device Analyzer, my experience with that program is that it is very buggy.  I stopped using it, but your question prompted me to try it again.  It is actually working OK.  The issues I had were it would not close without crashing, and it wasn't able to correctly identify the game controller devices.  But that problem has gone away.  Anyway, I don't really trust that program to be reliable.

Well I contacted Thrustmaster support they only wanted my first born and both arms and legs what a crock.. so they are no help as they wanted my address, phone number and proof of purchase and some other BS..

I reinstalled Windows 10 yet again and did not install Foxy this time I ran Target and I still get the error in Device analyzer.. at this point it really not is that important .. Guess I will just live with it not working anymore..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi

I bump this topic because I have exactly the same error : with G2 connected I get this :

image.png

if I unplug the G2, even without relaunching target, device analyzer works

With USBDeview I  found that it's :

QHMD A85V    USB Input Device    HID (Human Interface Device)  the problem          

anybody fixed this ? thanks

Edited by dureiken