George doesn't engage targets anymore

Toumal

Just had it again, George can't shoot any missile anymore.  The "MSL TYPE?" is shown in TADS.  Tried everything, switching LOBL, LOAL, weapons safe, even landed to get him back to normal again.  Nothing helped.  WASing the gun while having the same target locked makes him fire the gun immediately.  Range is ~2300 to ~2500m and the target was not masked.  

I did not include a TRK file as it was after hours on a server.  There must be a bug however, I'd guess linked to Gorge DOWN or LONG DOWN as especially the LONG DOWN I've not used recently and did not have any issues.

Screen_220510_224823_result.jpg

• Like 1

vor 22 Stunden schrieb Shot:

Just had it again, George can't shoot any missile anymore.  The "MSL TYPE?" is shown in TADS.  Tried everything, switching LOBL, LOAL, weapons safe, even landed to get him back to normal again.  Nothing helped.  WASing the gun while having the same target locked makes him fire the gun immediately.  Range is ~2300 to ~2500m and the target was not masked.  

I did not include a TRK file as it was after hours on a server.  There must be a bug however, I'd guess linked to Gorge DOWN or LONG DOWN as especially the LONG DOWN I've not used recently and did not have any issues.

"MSL TYPE?" tells you that George might have switched to RF (radio frequency) hellfire missiles - at least in the current case. For some odd reason he tends to do it some times, as far as i noticed mainly when you switch Geroge a lot between LOAL and LOBL and the LOAL Trajectories.... -.-

The only way IMHO to get back to  SAL hellfires is to switch to the CPG seat, get the WPN page up, then MSL, (WAS the Missiles ?) and put "Type" back to SAL. But this is only possible in SP not in MP 😕

K

Edited by Kharrn
  • Like 1

I really tried everything. Also giving George the gun, I had selected the hellfire and changed between RF and SAL but this also didn't do the trick. It's frustrating as it is right now, especially if it's really because he's selecting RF which is not implemented yet. What's the point of even giving the AI that feature if its not there? 

Will try to provide a trk file, sure I can reproduce by using down or long-down for George. I understand that it's beta.. But if multiple people report the same issue I'm not sure why the community needs to debug the issue 😉

I have been having the same problem of George not firing after a few strikes of the hellfire - it would seem that someone at ED would give us some feed back on this since so many are having this problem - such as its a bug and we will fix it would be nice

• 4 months later...