Allow different axis bindings for CPG in control from CPG not in control

Go to solution Solved by Shiroka,

I only have one ministick on my thrustmaster warthog. I want to use that for the cursor movement, then I need to use my flight stick for the TADS controls. This leaves me without the option to take over for the pilot, as then I don't have anything left for the cyclic. It would be nice if you could make it so you can have both TADS and cyclic on the same axis.

• Solution
4 hours ago, FalcoGer said:

I only have one ministick on my thrustmaster warthog. I want to use that for the cursor movement, then I need to use my flight stick for the TADS controls. This leaves me without the option to take over for the pilot, as then I don't have anything left for the cyclic. It would be nice if you could make it so you can have both TADS and cyclic on the same axis.

I solved this by assigning a modifier switch to CPG bindings for all the cyclic and collective controls - right next to the switch I use for request control. I hit both at the same time then when I take control from the front seat all of my HOTAS commands and axes switch from TEDAC to the same cyclic and collective controls I use in the pilot seat. Took a while to set up but it works great, and I guess IRL you only have 2 hands so they are either on the TEDAC or cyclic/collective.

for more detail I have a Virgil CM3 and I use the mode dial, mode 1 is TEDAC, mode 2 the modifier for cyclic/collective, I use press on one of the encoders immediately below it as the “request control”. I hit that button and flip the mode switch at the same time.