George Hover Issues

dresoccer4
Go to solution Solved by Raptor9,

Hey guys. Working on getting George to behave but having trouble getting a hover. As you can see in the screenshot, I want George to hover at 750'. However George not only doesn't want to ascend to 750', he's descending.

Are there other qualifications or parameters that need to be set before George can successfully follow orders? Is there a specific weight that the AH-64D has to be under for a hover to work?

Thanks

1-canthover.jpg

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

• ED Team
  • Solution

Look at your engine page. The engine temps and torque are in the yellow. You are probably carrying too heavy a weapons/fuel load. George can't climb because the helicopter can't climb.

I should point out that the amount of weapons/fuel you can carry varies with altitude and temps, like any other helicopter.

Edited by Raptor9
  • Like 2

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

4 hours ago, Raptor9 said:

Look at your engine page. The engine temps and torque are in the yellow. You are probably carrying too heavy a weapons/fuel load. George can't climb because the helicopter can't climb.

I should point out that the amount of weapons/fuel you can carry varies with altitude and temps, like any other helicopter.

so i was at 80% max weight (as indicated in the armament settings in the ME) and around 1000' MSL and 20c. 

but the plot thickens, after George was unable to hold an altitude, I took control and circled around and came back for another attempt, but this time I manually hovered it, then switched control to George, who was then able to hold altitude. strange huh

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules