F16 Module Crashes When Loading Mission | HP Reverb G2

DatBoiMi

Hi everyone,

like the title says im having problems with the F16C module. 90% off the time i try to load a mission the game crashes on me.
I already tried repairing DCS, did not work for me. Maybe its also worth to note that i do not have any problems to load missions for the SU25T, wether it be single or multiplayer. Here are my Specs:

HP Reverb G2
Intel 8700K
RTX 3070TI
16 Gigs of Ram
Game is installed and run from m.2 SSD

Ive also attached the logs of the latest crash. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

dcs.log dcs.20220321-231551.crash

3 hours ago, DatBoiMi said:

Hi everyone,

like the title says im having problems with the F16C module. 90% off the time i try to load a mission the game crashes on me.
I already tried repairing DCS, did not work for me. Maybe its also worth to note that i do not have any problems to load missions for the SU25T, wether it be single or multiplayer. Here are my Specs:

HP Reverb G2
Intel 8700K
RTX 3070TI
16 Gigs of Ram
Game is installed and run from m.2 SSD

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Excert from DCS.log looks quite the mess.

1. Shows "Not enough memory resource" errors and "Not enough memory to decompress files" errors.
  2. Shows "SECURITYCONTROL: IC fail:" on files, probably due to not decompressing files correctly.
  3. Shows a couple of hundred "Key combo skipped" errors, I have never seen before
  4. Shows "File write errors" due to files being in use already.

Recommended to do:

1. Increase windows pagefile from 9GB to 32-48GB as you only have 16GB of actual ram.
  2. Update nvidia drivers to 511.xx as using older set, you may have your own reasons for using them instead.
  3. Do a "memory" and "hard drive" test, as faulty RAM or SSD/M.2 drive may be the issue at play.
  4. Run Windows file checker "SFC /scannow" to check for corruptions to system.
  5. Remove any "MODS" if any installed (Can't see any traces of such).
  6. Run DCS repair and cleanup commands, you mentioned that repair didn't work, did you mean it completed correctly but didn't fix issue, or was unable to run at all ???

Regards, Ian.

• Thanks 1

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb MadDog-IC:

Excert from DCS.log looks quite the mess.

1. Shows "Not enough memory resource" errors and "Not enough memory to decompress files" errors.
  2. Shows "SECURITYCONTROL: IC fail:" on files, probably due to not decompressing files correctly.
  3. Shows a couple of hundred "Key combo skipped" errors, I have never seen before
  4. Shows "File write errors" due to files being in use already.

Recommended to do:

1. Increase windows pagefile from 9GB to 32-48GB as you only have 16GB of actual ram.
  2. Update nvidia drivers to 511.xx as using older set, you may have your own reasons for using them instead.
  3. Do a "memory" and "hard drive" test, as faulty RAM or SSD/M.2 drive may be the issue at play.
  4. Run Windows file checker "SFC /scannow" to check for corruptions to system.
  5. Remove any "MODS" if any installed (Can't see any traces of such).
  6. Run DCS repair and cleanup commands, you mentioned that repair didn't work, did you mean it completed correctly but didn't fix issue, or was unable to run at all ???

Regards, Ian.

Hi Ian,

thank you for taking the time to look at the logfile. I will take a look at your suggestions and will report back if they managed to solve my issues.

I also remembered that my Ram is overclocked, will try removing it.

As for the nvidia Drivers, i just recently switched to an older one because DCS in VR kept crashing for me.

Thanks again

Hi again,

l think the main issue with this is that my RAM is fairly limited, as well as my available disk space where the windows pagefile is located.
Ive pretty much tried all of your recommendations and they sadly didnt help my case.
When playing DCS in VR my Ram Usage is mostly sitting at 90% - 98% usage.
So for now i just went ahead and bought a 32 GB RAM Kit and see how that will work out for me. 🙂

If i should encounter Crash Issues after installing my new RAM ill open a new thread. This one can be closed.

Thanks again Ian for the helpful advice!

Best