[NOOB] Why does some time George not respond to the Hellfire approach change command?

Some time I wish to hit a target lased by George (or I call him Jane, the Hero of Canton) hidden behind some obstacle. So I would ask him to switch to high approach by long pressing/clicking/pushing the right button. However, some time, it is possible to do so but most of the time, I am stuck in direct mode.

Help please.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

If George is set to LOBL-DIR, you must first press right-short to switch to LOAL before you are able to select LO or HI. Conversely, if he is set to LOAL-HI or LOAL-LO you need to press right-long again until you cycle back to DIR before you are able to select LOBL again. If George is in LOBL mode, a right-short will change him to LOAL.

Does that help?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Edit: Frostycab beat me too it. 😄

George can not do LOBL and LO or HI. Since it is the same direction on the hat, you may be switching to LOBL-DIR. (Lock on Before Launch). He also can not go from LOAL(Lock on After Launch) to LOBL if he is set to LO or HI

to switch to LOBL, do RIGHT long until TRAJ is DIR, then Right short until LOBL is selected,

to go to LOAL LO or HIGH do right short until LOAL is selected, Then Right Long until LO or Hi is selected

Edited by tech_op2000
  • Thanks 1