Search and replace in controls-configuration?

On my computer I have I have defined 6 vJoy devices (virtual joysticks) each with 128 buttons. The first I use with some software I have written (and used without any issues since 2019) what lets me assign actions to the off-positions of the 2/3-way buttons on the Thrustmaster Throttle. The other 5 vJoy devices I use with Stream Deck (SD), so that the buttons on the SD generates virtural joystick button-presses, in stead of sending keyboard-shortcuts.

All this have worked fine until today where I retired my old trusty CH Products Pro-Pedals and replaced them with a pair of Trustmaster TPR pedals (and added 10 cm extension to my Warthog stick). When I started up DCS/AH64 none of my virtual joysticks seemed to work, and after some investigations I found out all of my vJoy deices had been "reordered", hence assignments in DCS that used to be assigned to the vJoy device which GUID was beginning with "B4" are now in stead assigned to the vJoy device which GUID begins with "37".

Long-story-short: Is it possible to do a "search and replace" in some file (guess my control-mapping for the AH64 exists in some .lua file)? I would REALLY hate if I had to map +/- 128 virtual buttons for 6 devices, for both Pilot and CP/G ... it was a drag the first time 😉 So any suggestion of which file/location would be appreciated.

Here as they were BEFORE replaceing my rudder pedals (37,68,B9 ... is the first 2 lettes of the GUID for each device):
vJoy#1  B4        Joy2vJoy
vJoy#2  F6        Stream Deck  -  DCS Module specific
vJoy#3  37        Stream Deck  -  DCS Module specific
vJoy#4  68        Stream Deck  -  DCS Module specific
vJoy#5  B9        Stream Deck  -  DCS Module specific
vJoy#6  C0        Stream Deck  -  General DCS

Here as they are AFTER replacing my rudder pedals (now they seam to be sorted by GUID):
vJoy#1  37        Joy2vJoy
vJoy#2  68        Stream Deck  -  DCS Module specific
vJoy#3  B9        Stream Deck  -  DCS Module specific
vJoy#4  C0        Stream Deck  -  DCS Module specific
vJoy#5  B4        Stream Deck  -  DCS Module specific
vJoy#6  F6        Stream Deck  -  General DCS

So basically I should replace "B4..." with "37...", "F6..." with "68..." and so on

EDIT: Had swapped the before/after sets

Edited by pellelil
  • Like 1

Pelle Liljendal

(MooseMan)

11 minutes ago, pellelil said:

Long-story-short: Is it possible to do a "search and replace" in some file (guess my control-mapping for the AH64 exists in some .lua file)?

Actually, you don't need a search replace .. the mapings are stored on files that have the USB ID as a suffix to their name ... you just need to rename the files. These files are on the path: \Users\your-user\Saved Games\DCS.OpenBeta\Config\Input\name-of-aircraft\joystick\ 

If a device file appears twice, it just means that it used to be on other USB port or on another PC, use the file date to know which file is the newest. You may need to map a control in DCS in order to generate a file with the current filename and USB ID.

I dont have your same devices, but note how they are on mine:

hotas_id.jpg

• Thanks 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB