Repeatitive AI flight spawning

Eagle7907

Hey guys, I've tried finding an answer, but my small brain can not seem to understand how to do get a set of triggers to command what I want to happen.  My goal is to have a flight, takeoff and fly a route that ends at the edge of a map, disappears, then spawns again right back where it started on the runway.  The purpose is mainly civilian traffic that flies actual departure corridors.  I got it to despawn, but I can't figure how to get it to spawn again back at the runway and fly the same exact route again in a continuous loop.

Thanks for sharing your ultimate knowledge.  Cheers.

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

Outside of third-party tools or Lua-scripting you can't do that in ME. You could, theoretically, create multiple flights in ME, and trigger/activate them one after the other when each reaches their edge position. But this will run out after a while, and is not sustainable for a server-based game that runs for days. With tool like Mist, MOOSE or (own horn: toot toot!) DML, it's rather quick, and there are ready-made solutions that already exist for those packages. 

Ah okay. Shucks. Lua coding is completely out of my league unfortunately. My experience is, well…… what’s lower than beginner? Thanks for the reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

You can try using the Landing ReFuAr waypoint. The plane will land, refuel, and then takeoff again. You also need to give it a switch waypoint command back to its first waypoint, or it will just land again immediately.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

11 hours ago, Eagle7907 said:

...Lua coding is completely out of my league unfortunately...

In case you want to try with mist it is a utterly simple to employ function.

1) download mist ( GitHub - mrSkortch/MissionScriptingTools: Mission Scripting Tools for Digital Combat Simulator ) by clicking green button "code" and choosing "download zip". (then unzip somewhere on your storage)

2) create a 'start mission' trigger, no conditions, action 'do script file' and select the file mist_4_5_107.lua

3) create a 'switch condition' trigger, condition 'unit in zone' (ex : 'Civil1-1' unit in 'respawn' zone), action 'do script' and copy/paste in code box mist.respawnGroup('Civil1', true)

(if Civil1 is the group name of the flight you want to respawn when in zone).

Other script options are also certainly easy to use.

You can try using the Landing ReFuAr waypoint. The plane will land, refuel, and then takeoff again. You also need to give it a switch waypoint command back to its first waypoint, or it will just land again immediately.

Oh good idea! I’ll try that. Thank you.

Oh wait. No, that’s no good, because then that means they will land. I’m looking for the unit to just respawn from the runway only. That would be good to get them to land and takeoff again. Anyways, thanks for the suggestion.

(I would probably use this if ATC wasn’t so wonky and crude)

In case you want to try with mist it is a utterly simple to employ function.
1) download mist ( GitHub - mrSkortch/MissionScriptingTools: Mission Scripting Tools for Digital Combat Simulator ) by clicking green button "code" and choosing "download zip". (then unzip somewhere on your storage)
2) create a 'start mission' trigger, no conditions, action 'do script file' and select the file mist_4_5_107.lua
3) create a 'switch condition' trigger, condition 'unit in zone' (ex : 'Civil1-1' unit in 'respawn' zone), action 'do script' and copy/paste in code box : mist.respawnGroup('Civil1', true)
(if Civil1 is the group name of the flight you want to respawn when in zone).
Other script options are also certainly easy to use.

I don’t have to do any altering of the script? If so, that’s probably not for me, but I’ll try it as well as it is. Will it still work if I deactivate group or do I have to respawn first, then deactivate the group?

10 hours ago, Eagle7907 said:

I don’t have to do any altering of the script? If so, that’s probably not for me, but I’ll try it as well as it is. Will it still work if I deactivate group or do I have to respawn first, then deactivate the group?

You only need the steps described - load mist at start (to have access to its functions) and use respawn function when you need (example : unit in zone). no need to deactivate (but you can if you want for a reason).

You only need the steps described - load mist at start (to have access to its functions) and use respawn function when you need (example : unit in zone). no need to deactivate (but you can if you want for a reason).

Yes. That’s what I did, and it works beautifully. Thank you!