Play sound on player occupying slot

Rhino1980

Hi,

this is doing my head in. 

I wish to play a sound file to a unit each time a player occupies that unit (client slot).

Seems like it should be easy, but nothing I try works.

Any help appreciated.

The Flying Kiwis (TFK)

Ryzen 5600X on water, RX6800, 32GB 3200, m.2 boot, 2TB EVO,  Rift S, Warthog HOTAS + TFRP, flight chair with bass shakers.

AH-64D || A-10IIC || F/A-18C || UH-1 || F-16C || Mig-29 || Spitfire mk.ix || Fw190A8 || Fw190D9 || P-51D || Ka-50 || Mi-8 || Mi-24P || bf109k-4 || P-47 || Mosquito || Combined Arms

Persian Gulf || Normandy || Nevada || Syria

Supercarrier || NS430

2 hours ago, Rhino1980 said:

I wish to play a sound file to a unit each time a player occupies that unit (client slot).

While still in the slot picker, or after the player entered the game? If while the player is still in the slot picker, not easily done (you will have to write a server script that sets flags, and a mission script that rads those flags and then plays the sound), and the mission has to be played as multiplayer, even if single player is what you want.

If what you need is a specific sound when a player enters the game in a specific slot, @toutenglisse has already presented the perfect solution 🙂 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, thanks, I got it sorted.  New to mission editing, Woody from TFK did a discord screenshot with me and gave me some excellent tips.

The Flying Kiwis (TFK)

Ryzen 5600X on water, RX6800, 32GB 3200, m.2 boot, 2TB EVO,  Rift S, Warthog HOTAS + TFRP, flight chair with bass shakers.

AH-64D || A-10IIC || F/A-18C || UH-1 || F-16C || Mig-29 || Spitfire mk.ix || Fw190A8 || Fw190D9 || P-51D || Ka-50 || Mi-8 || Mi-24P || bf109k-4 || P-47 || Mosquito || Combined Arms

Persian Gulf || Normandy || Nevada || Syria

Supercarrier || NS430