Jdam terminal parameters

marzzz

hi 

i know that term settings work with gbu 38

But i’m not sure that the izlar cue actually works with Jdam term parameters

I think that izlar cue will only appear when the aircraft is in the direction of the term parameters

For now , wathever the term parameters ,the izlar cue appears from the moment the aircraft is in the line of sight of the target

On 5/8/2022 at 9:26 PM, Hulkbust44 said:

TERM settings work for GBU-38s and you get a dynamic IZLAR for all JDAMs. The multi PPIZLAR is what's missing as well as the other release modes.

2 hours ago, marzzz said:

hi 

i know that term settings work with gbu 38

But i’m not sure that the izlar cue actually works with Jdam term parameters

I think that izlar cue will only appear when the aircraft is in the direction of the term parameters

For now , wathever the term parameters ,the izlar cue appears from the moment the aircraft is in the line of sight of the target

@marzzzI observe the same thing. The IZLAR cue on the HSI does not account for terminal parameters right now. It should change, to show the correct zone to drop the bomb, so that it can achieve its set terminal parameters. If you have multiple bombs selected, with different targets and/or terminal parameters, it should also show a combined zone for all of them, if possible.

The IZLAR should take into account the term parameters, alongside the jet's altitude and kinematics. Now, it only takes the jet into account, so it does not change to reflect the terminal parameters. Meaning that if you actually input any, you don't know where you need to drop from. The JF-17 already does this already and it works more or less well, if you're not dropping while heading towards the opposite direction.

• Like 1

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro