Mission 20 Bombs over Maykop feedback

I gotta say this is one crazy hard mission. That airbase is surrounded by ZSU which makes the Lo-Hi-Lo popup attack difficult, but not on their own as there's quite a few SAMs flying at me too. 

I did call in the SEAD on the F10 menu as soon as they were available, and flew under MIL power maybe 90% RPM on the assigned route. But the SEAD did not deal with the radar SAMs, was at least SA2 or SA6 still there. Also a Strela or some kind of other portable SAM maybe more. 

Maybe from some patches the SEAD is less effective or the SAMs are more dangerous since creating it.

Also curious because there seemed to be MiGs right there waiting for us, that our early warning did not advise until they were on us. Do they spawn in the air, or do they have to take off which would give time to hit the base before they get up?

It seemed like all 3 threats suddenly appeared at once as I popped up to attack. I'm past it now due to ticking "Invulnerable" for it, but curious about these things if it was intended to be so threat heavy with ineffective SEAD.

Cheers

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods

• 1 year later...

One of that missions where you rely on your bots.
And your luck.
How I passed it -
1. Take only rockets. In Mission Planner you can change weapons. It is not cheat and allowed by creator 🙂
    Or you can just jettison bombs aterr take off.
    I even removed AIM-9s and took only  70% of fuel to be lighter
2. Wait a bit till F-4s really start to kill SAMs. You will hear it on the radio.
    I just flew slow from WP to WP.
3. Before your attack run  - ask your wing-man "Mission and rejoin".
    He will draw some attention of Air Defense.  
4. Fly really low with pre-flare. You will see missiles and AAA fire intended for you and you will be able to dodge (if you are lucky enough on that attempt).

Edited by Odessa
  • Like 1

You can change your loadout anyway you can, that's why i put bombs and rockets, depending on what your streghts are. to me, from the IP flying as low as possible and as fast as possible is the way to go. one pass should deal with everything as they explode with more violence than normal in DCS. You may be caught in the explosion if you are not fast enough. 

• Like 1