X52 Always out of Calibration!

Austringer

I just purchased Black Shark. I was so excited to get to know the new machine, and enjoy flying once again. I had become so accustomed to flying lockon that i kinda got bored with it, and havn't flown in months. So I get it installed, and go in and only set up the axis on my joystick. I figure I'll learn the cockpit method first, then build my profile as I go, and do it my way.

So I Do the first "Getting to know you training" and I let the computer fly the shark around and land it. I then take control, and lift the helo off the ground.. only for it to buck backwards on me. I banked it level, and gave it a bump in the collective to stop from bumping the ground really hard. I alt-tab out and make sure that my stick is calibrated. its showing a little off center, so I unplug and replug. It centers it.

I get back into the shark and its still pulling back, and right. I hit T to center my trim, no luck. So I back out of the App, reset my controls, verify they're centered, and get back into the game. Same problem. Back and right off center. I've tried the realistic model and the game model.

I cant fly worth a damn, I've been flying sims for 20 years, I don't know whats up here, all I know is that I'm not getting any enjoyment out of a game I've been waiting years for, can anyone help me?

A few suggestions:

1. If your stick is off center in the device manager all the time, this is a hardware problem. However what you could try to remedy it is to set a small deadzone (either via device manager or directly ingame) for the x- and y-axis. This should cancel the unwanted input.

2. Make sure that you understand the trim function properly. Please refer to this thread, which has a lot of useful information.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=35444

Note that setting the trimmer with T does not recenter your virtual stick to the original center position, quite the contrary, it holds the virtual stick in the place where you released the trim button. To reset the trimmer and recenter your virtual stick, press LCTRL + T.

3. As ZaltysZ suggested, press RCTRL + Enter to see a visualization of your actual inputs. This will help you to understand how the trim function works.

Edited by Acedy

and make sure you don't have any racingwheels etc. plugged in, as additional controlles can screw up the joystick input in the game.

also, disable the force feedback function! some ppl have problems when FF is activated. i don't know the name of the file, but search the forum, you should find it...

Democracy is choice, not freedom...

I think your problem is trim/black shark related, it is normal for it to pull back when lifting off, thats why you do "control hover" and trim it... but...

... logitech controllers calibrate automatically if you have their drivers installed, so if it actually is out of calibration (Check control panel - game controllers), plug it off and back in and then move it to all directions to calibrate it.

and make sure you don't have any racingwheels etc. plugged in, as additional controlles can screw up the joystick input in the game.

also, disable the force feedback function! some ppl have problems when FF is activated. i don't know the name of the file, but search the forum, you should find it...

FPS Tweak from LockonFiles.com has this.

Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

You need to adjust the Saturation X and Y in all your inputs to about 70, it work for me very well, at there default there to gentle and any little force on the stick will make it go crazy. Also I have notice that the KH-50 should had been name KH-Trim-Me because that is the only way to fly that box with wings.

Man that bird is a tuff one to fly, i been at it about 3 weeks now and I can see myself getting better and better at it in a month I will be super KH-50 guy.

Also when taking off make sure you push on the stick a bit foward, it is normal for that aircraft to do that. Slight hover pushing on the stick foward and trim and you will see practice practice practice and practice again.

Edited by FedEx
Spelling

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Before you warn me, make sure you have help first and succeded in doing so.