ServMan v.2.1 Alpha for FC2

Panzertard

ServMan v.2.1.4 alpha is intended to get you started using Servman for your FC2 servers.

(Updated 2. April 2010)

This version is NOT compatible with DCS:BS.

ServMan_Logo.jpg

Since FC2 is just released there are some issue you need to be aware of:

- Multiple kill messages from the original FC2

- Maddog missiles / multikill / shooter dies too early may cause unwanted TeamKills or Friendly Fire incidents.

With that in mind - be sure that you monitor how often your server kicks people for friendly fire incidents.

Also, keep in mind that after a default of 3 TK/FF players may get banned. For this reason alone you may need to

adjust the parameters in the serverconfig.lua.

Note: in 2.1.4 alpha you may see duplicate "player killed/died" messages - see attached images. I've left ServMan to try to tell which weapon the player was killed with - resulting in duplicates. FC2 often presents "Building" as part of that message.

They should be gone after the first FC2 patch, I really hope.

ScreenShot_003.thumb.jpg.35b172fdbf4aad08cf1798b50644484f.jpg ScreenShot_004.thumb.jpg.317b0122e2ddfc0a97aab7d595bbc587.jpg

Resolved in 2.1.4 alpha

- Kick+Ban in all variants works as expected.

- UNKNOWN PLAYER messages is gone. (No, it wasn't - needs more fixing)

- Fixed a minor problem with first mission in the mission list being repeated twice when mission-rotation was active.

Improvements in 2.1.4 alpha

- TEAM-chat messages is prefixed to all recievers with "#TEAMMSG: "

If you see "#TEAMMSG panzer is a dork" from a BLUE - then RED cant see it and you know it's intended for your team only.

Note: When *you* type a TEAMMSG you wont see "#TEAMMSG" on your screen.

- /missions now indicates which mission that is loaded and active. Look for ->1<- around the mission ID.

- Chat-loggin. Look for the "ServMan-Chatlog-<datetime>.log". It will now log everything you see in the chat on the server. Kills, deaths, damages, kicks etc.

- Server-logging. Look for the "ServMan-Serverlog-<datetime>.log"

New "loglevel" variable for logging detail level, see "serverconfig.lua" for details. Valid levels are 0 to 3.

Note: The format in the file may change in the future.

For you who look for a file to parse for your statsweb - do not despair.

Coming soon is a pure "result / stats" database-log.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

-- 15. KNOWN ISSUES

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Version 2.1.4 alpha for FC2

- Multiple Friendly Fire incidents may be registered for players due to some issues in FC2 itself.

Version 2.1 alpha for FC2

- Multiple Friendly Fire incidents may be registered for players due to some issues in FC2 itself.

- A few of the server-side events may not get written to the chatlogs.

- Negative score kicks may not work as intended. The kick may never happen.

- EN to GE Translation is completly untested.

- ServMan installed on your computer when you fly as a client may give "UNKNOWN PLAYER" instead of the name of a player.

- Spellchecks done by Panzer is horrible.

For the full review of ServMan capabilities, please visit: >>> ServMan Server Management Mod v2 for DCS:BS v1.0.1 Released! <<<

A huge thanks to Acedy, guru and entrepreneur of original ServMan - much love from all the Players and Server administrators out there. :)

ServMan 2.1.4 alpha for FC2.zip

Edited by Panzertard
  • Like 2

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Further plans for the 2.x series:

- Compatability with FC2 and DCS:BS using the same codebase.

- Stats & events logging to a database-based file.

- Ability to change settings via chat

Status: Implemented a /SET command and a "conf_dynamicsettings.lua" where admins can adjust their options and how to use them ingame.

- Ability to disable / enable ServMan via chat

Suggestions & Wishes from the community:

----

- Support for Banlist.txt comments:

Automatic when the ban is created by servman: 109.130.3.180 // Playername Date Banned TK

Or manyally add a comment: 109.130.3.180 //Banned by Crunch,was being abusive in chat

- For each player message, provide his coalition and aircraft (also of players he killed)

- Add the coalition of the airbase when a player takes of or lands

- Add an option to start the server when X number of people have joined (handy for multiplayer coops)

- Serverside message filtering, ability to filter out certain types of messages to the players.

Status (updated 7.May) : It's possible to create a mechanism, secrets from a blueprint hidden in one of the developers drawer surfaced and with it the possibility to control the event-flow to clients (Translated: amount of spam for you guys).

It'll take a little bit of time to put this together, but I'm confident we can do it. :)

- "Leave / Rejoin / switch side" cooloff timer - to disgourage players disconnecting/swapping flights avoiding getting killed.

- "Extend timer" (waiting for feedback for this one).

Status: Partial implementation - timer can be disabled for the session.

- Save the state of the MP mission / world to be loaded later.

Status: Not possible to look into right now, other priorites.

- Rearm override from servman, using a config in servman to present new loadouts for the players, without getting the integrity-check fail with server vs client "rearm.lua".

Status: Exploring our options. Barely scratched the surface.

Edited by Panzertard

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Further plans for the 2.x series:

- No new major functions.

- Compatability with FC2 and DCS:BS using the same codebase.

That would be nice! I see the Alpha version is running online now but it did not kick the tard that teambombed me at the airport :( Are you sure its all working?

®

That would be nice! I see the Alpha version is running online now but it did not kick the tard that teambombed me at the airport :( Are you sure its all working?

®

Actually I did discover a few bummers done by me in the conversion. Working on those now. It affects the TK/FF code.

New alpha upcoming - I just need a quick test by my fellow MP pilots.

Please join my server for MP Teamkill + Friendly Fire havoc! :D

Server settings for the test:

Mission: Batumi TK Hell!

3 Teamkills, then kick.

3 Friendly Fire, then kick.

3 AI kills, then kick.

Score -49, then kick.

TK/FF Stats reset on mission restart.

Max Avg Ping 170 ms, 3 warnings (1 per minute), then kick.

Cooloff after kick, 1 minute - then allow back in.

Autban after 6 kicks.

Who can reach a BAN first!!?? :D

(I'll empty the list often so you can retrun for more mayhem).

The banning in ServMan works fine :music_whistling:

Congrats you won! :D

04/02/10 15:16:20 : AI-TEAMKILL: Player id = [3], addr = 89.241.172.159, name = "<51>Case", side = Blue killed friendly AI unit Blue "M1045 HMMWV TOW" with HYDRA-70.

04/02/10 15:16:20 : KICKED client: id = [3], addr = 89.241.172.159, name = "<51>Case". Reason: Too many AI teamkills

04/02/10 15:16:20 : BANNED player: id = [3], addr = 89.241.172.159, name = "<51>Case". Reason: Too many kicks

Hi Panzer,

Just tried the server to see how the average ping test works out...

I got kicked (no warnings beforehand) with a timeout message. Happened a few minutes ago - about 17.20 here, I was using my forum nick.

Be interested to know how it showed up in your logs.

Cheers!

04/02/10 18:20:39 : CRASH: Player id = [4], name = "Vitesse" crashed.

04/02/10 18:20:39 : EVENTS::on_player_stat(Vitesse, crashes, 2)

04/02/10 18:20:40 : EVENTS::on_kill(12, AIM-120B, 43)

04/02/10 18:20:40 : KILL: Player id = [12], name = "unknwn", side = Blue killed player Red "BoBík" with AIM-120B.

04/02/10 18:20:40 : EVENTS::on_player_stat(unknwn, score, 1930)

04/02/10 18:20:40 : EVENTS::on_player_stat(unknwn, destroyed_airunits, 39)

04/02/10 18:20:44 : EVENTS::on_crash(5)

04/02/10 18:20:44 : CRASH: Player id = [5], name = "BoBík" crashed.

04/02/10 18:20:44 : EVENTS::on_player_stat(BoBík, crashes, 75)

04/02/10 18:20:47 : SERVER::on_disconnect(4, 0)

04/02/10 18:20:47 : Disconnected client: [4] "Vitesse"

sorry, my server just think you disconnected - no warnings issued from it.

You would have seen them on screen.

Would have looked like this:

04/02/10 14:48:36 : PM to [3] "insky*JF_725/dhw" : #PING-WARNING 1 OF 3: Your average ping is too high (360, allowed is 170)!

04/02/10 14:50:18 : PM to [3] "insky*JF_725/dhw" : #PING-WARNING 2 OF 3: Your average ping is too high (358, allowed is 170)!

04/02/10 14:52:00 : PM to [3] "insky*JF_725/dhw" : #PING-WARNING 3 OF 3: Your average ping is too high (358, allowed is 170)!

04/02/10 14:52:00 : [1] "Midgettosser" : #KICK: client "insky*JF_725/dhw" (ID=3) has been kicked automatically. Reason: Ping too high

04/02/10 14:52:01 : [1] "Midgettosser" : BLUE player "insky*JF_725/dhw" left the game.

Thanks, Panzer, looks like the connection is really dropping out then. I was hoping to see an actual latency number, as in your example there.

I've been looking at this today to try and see what's causing it. More investigation needed, I think.

Thanks Panzer! We will run it on our server!

A things that would be cool if they could get implemented:

1. For each player message, provide his coalition and aircraft (also of players he killed)
  2. Add the coalition of the airbase when a player takes of or lands
  3. Add an option to start the server when X number of people have joined (handy for multiplayer coops)

• Like 1

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.