Campaign mission

SVK_Fox

Dear all I am sure that somebody of you already finished BS campaign.

I got small problem I have no idea how to finish 8 or 9 mission. After destroing all AA positions and our mi-8 drops there some soldiers and area is clear of enemy BRT, nothing happen. My ground forces stoped before small bridge and it looks like they are waiting for something. Also Su-25 are finished their job.

kampan1.jpg

kampan2.jpg

kampan3.jpg

Does anybody finished some quick walthrough through campaign? I got also small problem in first night mission but I solved it.

In general my problem is that I do not understeand russian well. I am waiting for eng BS.

You do know you can download the english version at the moment right?;)

As for the mission, sorry can't help there - it's my next one.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Great minds think alike; idiots seldom differ.":pilotfly:

i5 3750K@4.3Ghz, MSI Z77A GD55, 8GB DDR3, Palit GTX 670, 24" Benq@1920*1080, X52 Pro, Win 7 64bit.

yes English version is available...

Ok. Heres a translation for your attack group.

“NEAR GUNDELEN”

The rebels attacked the town of Gundelen yesterday evening, located 35 km. west of Nalchik. A number of BTRs have been captured. An Interior Forces unit has been surrounded and is under attack in the police station on the western outskirts of the town.

An operation has been planned overnight to relieve the forces under attack and eliminate the rebel formations.

Interior Forces reinforcements are holding position near the town. An air assault group will be inserted by helicopter on the surrounding heights.

Frontal and army aviation is tasked with destroying enemy firing positions and vehicles.

28 August, Flight-1 lead, 3rd OAE (callsign 251) will lead a two-ship flight to provide combat support to Interior Forces units as part of the operation to clear the town of Gundelen.

A flight of Su-25 attack aircraft (callsign 185) will be tasked with destroying enemy concentrations and strongholds. A Forward Air Controller (FAC - callsign Kobalt-2) will coordinate the aviation elements from a position 2.5 km. to the northeast of the town.

The primary objective will be the destruction of ZU-23 AAA installations, enemy armoured vehicles and combat support of the “Shorup-5” ground assault group mounted on BTR-80s. The “Shorup-5” assault group will move out of the town of Zayukovo after the ZU-23 installations on the eastern side of Gundelen are neutralized.

Once the AAA units are neutralized, a pair of Mi-8 helicopters (callsign 822) will insert an air assault group on Hill-988, south of the town.

Edited by RapidFir3

Callsign Lycanthrope79

yes English version is available...

Ok. Heres a translation for your attack group.

“NEAR GUNDELEN”

The rebels attacked the town of Gundelen yesterday evening, located 35 km. west of Nalchik. A number of BTRs have been captured. An Interior Forces unit has been surrounded and is under attack in the police station on the western outskirts of the town.

An operation has been planned overnight to relieve the forces under attack and eliminate the rebel formations.

Interior Forces reinforcements are holding position near the town. An air assault group will be inserted by helicopter on the surrounding heights.

Frontal and army aviation is tasked with destroying enemy firing positions and vehicles.

28 August, Flight-1 lead, 3rd OAE (callsign 251) will lead a two-ship flight to provide combat support to Interior Forces units as part of the operation to clear the town of Gundelen.

A flight of Su-25 attack aircraft (callsign 185) will be tasked with destroying enemy concentrations and strongholds. A Forward Air Controller (FAC - callsign Kobalt-2) will coordinate the aviation elements from a position 2.5 km. to the northeast of the town.

The primary objective will be the destruction of ZU-23 AAA installations, enemy armoured vehicles and combat support of the “Shorup-5” ground assault group mounted on BTR-80s. The “Shorup-5” assault group will move out of the town of Zayukovo after the ZU-23 installations on the eastern side of Gundelen are neutralized.

Once the AAA units are neutralized, a pair of Mi-8 helicopters (callsign 822) will insert an air assault group on Hill-988, south of the town.

Hmm everything was like you wrote but mission is still 50perc done. hmm

MAybe I will next time try to destroy only AA and will wait.

Okay, I just went and flew this mission and I got the same result. Hit the three ZSUs (and a friendly BTR 80..oops!:doh:), the heli's did their bit but still only 50%. I shall refly with pleasure!:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Great minds think alike; idiots seldom differ.":pilotfly:

i5 3750K@4.3Ghz, MSI Z77A GD55, 8GB DDR3, Palit GTX 670, 24" Benq@1920*1080, X52 Pro, Win 7 64bit.

Okay, I just went and flew this mission and I got the same result. Hit the three ZSUs (and a friendly BTR 80..oops!:doh:), the heli's did their bit but still only 50%. I shall refly with pleasure!:)

Oh, now I feel better:) we are on the same boat :huh:

this might hold you over

Q: I have bought the Russian version of Black Shark. Can I download the 100-mission "Georgian Oil War" campaign that shipped with the English version?

A: Yes, you can download it for free from here:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.co...oducts&lang=ru

(Registration/login required)

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

I had a hold up on that mission as well. Had to refly it several times before I could complete it. Just destroy all enenemy BTR's first, then take out the Zu-23's and any bearded ones with RPG's.

So Thank you for your help guys, it was like you said, first BTRs and than Zus, after that our forces try to cross the town and everything is fine :)

Thank you.

Edited by SVK_Fox

• 1 year later...

I'm having a hard time finishing this mission aswell. Can't find the third ZSU? I've even hovered around slowly all over town after taking out allmost everything except some of the infantery.

Hard to explain in writing, but seen from the IP, you pretty much have one ZSU straight ahead, beginning of town, and then to the right along the river. My last try I managed to trigger the insertion, but a destroyed bridge seems to halt the troops moving from the IP towards town?

• 2 months later...

Having recently completed that, I offer a spoiler below:

There are MANY BTRs in this mission, and they are often concealed by trees from the default ingress. It helps to use a few attack angles. At the initial point you can get probably 3-6 (don't remember exact, but if you look carefully they are there...easiest to see and still safe if you approach to within 4-5 km of front of town, near where the friendly BTRs are hanging out), then if you swing right over the mountain there are another three towards what would now be the ride side of the combat area (yellow box on ABRIS), and another towards the far left and back. You can try some other angles as well, and you'll still likely end up missing a couple.

While doing this, don't approach the town itself or 3 AAA bunkers will smite you. You could kill them first, but this leads to the next tip...don't kill the AAA first! The friendly BTRs get annihiliated if you don't clear out the town's armor / RPGs / etc when they proceed on their mission. So try to use the hover-at-long-range-and-snipe-with-missiles tactic to kill as many BTRs as possible, THEN clear AAA to activate mission trigger and friendlies to go in, THEN waste your rockets at clusters of infantry hanging out around the edges of town, THEN...finally...seek out any remaining BTRs that probably announced their presence by firing on you or friendlies. There's always one I have trouble finding in an especially tricky spot near a building left of the road near the main entrance to the town, but once you are more or less on top of it, you can see it. Just be sure you have cannon on LONG, AP and HIGH before you reach that position because the BTR is probably upset with you.

The main point though, however you try to do it, is that you can't complete the mission if the friendlies all die, regardless of whether or not you racked up a lot of armor kills.