HSD + Expand button long hold for Flight DL zoom issue?

pchRage

Realized this was occurring during a 2+ hour MP flight... so no track... wondering if this is supposed to happen?

1. 3-ship flight..ie 2 DL wingmen
  2. set HSD to Coupled mode
  3. long hold on Expand button makes the HSD zoom in/out to show the whole flight (awesome!!!)
  4. release Expand button and HSD go back to original zoom level...BUT
  5. HSD is now in Decoupled mode! 😞

I'd think that on return/release from flight zoom mode, the HSD mode (ie Coupled) would be maintained..

• ED Team

Hi can you elaborate more on coupled mode?

add a short track replay if possible 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks for helping clear up my explanation!

Attached is a test miz and track file.

Track demonstrates repeated zooms and having to reset CPL mode after each time.  Whereas the regular quick press zoom to EXP1, 2, Norm on HSD does keep it in original CPL or DCPL mode as expected..its only the Flight zoom that "breaks" so to speak.

HSDZoom.trk TestZoom.miz

Bump ranging  temporarily suspends CPL mode (label will still say CPL). When SOI moves away from HSD the range resumes coupled. HSD Zoom allow HSD range to be temporarily adjusted to aid in yatta yatta. When zoom is commanded (pinky >0.5s) HSD selects smallest range that includes wingmen in centered format, symbols get bigger. When pinky button is released HSD returns to previous range setting and format.

Yeah, zoom should be momentary with no effect on the CPL/DCPL setting.

• Thanks 1