S-8 missile salvo

AeriaGloria

Hello, I believe the S-8 salvo might warrant some tweaking if desired. 

I understand that if a Mi-24V/P is not modified for B8V20A operations, it fires same number of rockets in volleys wether they are S-5 or S-8. But it appears when BV20A was added PUS-32 was modified to allow smaller salvos of S-8. For short to medium to long salvo for S-5 it’s 4, 8, 16 per pod. We see this In game for S-5 and S-8. This is accurate for units not directly modified for B8V20A.

I see this hard to believe however as our Mi-24P is modeled after those currently in Russian service, with L166V Lipa removed, and the 1984-1989 production variant with modifications to accept EVU, have integrated flare dispensers with SPO-10 antenna relocated to them, and no wingtip gun camera. In addition the door gunner we are getting is a very modern uniform, so it stands to think that it would be modified to fire B8V20A at smaller salvos the way others are. 

As this manual is from 1987 I do not want to post images of it, but it says that saliva for units modified to work with B8V20A are for short, medium, long Salvos to be; 2, 5, 10 rockets per pod. I can send images from the manual with the chart if needed. I have seen this in a few manuals but not with such a clear chart and mentioning that there is difference between units modified for B8V20A and those that aren’t. Thank you 

If anyone else has other sources please mention, I have seen a lower salvo count for S-8 mentioned a few places but cannot remember where they are currently 

• Like 1

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

• ED Team

The DCS Ka-50's B8V20A fires 2, 5, and 10 rockets from each pair of pods. However, I can't speak to the accuracy of that for the Ka-50 any more than I could for the Mi-24P or Mi-8MTV2. So that leads me to believe there is at least something to be looked at in that regard.

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

• 1 month later...
On 6/15/2022 at 6:16 AM, Raptor9 said:

The DCS Ka-50's B8V20A fires 2, 5, and 10 rockets from each pair of pods. However, I can't speak to the accuracy of that for the Ka-50 any more than I could for the Mi-24P or Mi-8MTV2. So that leads me to believe there is at least something to be looked at in that regard.

I know it has been a while but I was able to re confirm this source. I can message a direct image of the relevant page in the manual, but out of respect for tue rule about posting post-1982 documents I won’t post it. 

I will post the front page so everyone is aware of which document, it is a Mi-24V manual from 1987. In Section 6, on page 150 and figure 6.3, is a graph that shows the salvo figures for each salvo setting. 

There are two fields in the graph, the top one is for “modified by B8V20A”, and the other is for  “not modified for B8V20A,” the first row says 2, 5, 10 for short medium and long. Second row shows 4, 8, 16 for short medium long. 

If anyone is interested in the original page of the manual I can supply it, or if it is okay to post here I will do so 

I believe the Mi-24P started being produced with TV3-117VMA engines in mid 1986, which is the engines our has. So perhaps it would’ve had such a modification out of the factory. I know this would also mean that the UB-32 could only shoot Bursts of 2, 5, and 10, but I assume that would be realistic for these vintage of Mi-24s that were built with S-8 in mind. 

Thank you 

794826DF-ADD3-4A69-A4ED-8A691D47AD32.jpeg

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg