VBK Gladiator NXT Premium to Canada

Good day everyone! 

Some time ago I was wondering how the import/tax charges were handled when ordering from VBK to Alberta, Canada (5%GST applies for Alberta).

So for those interested here is how it went for me...

-Placed order on June 27, 2022, and selected FedEx for shipping. (Total US$225/ CAD$297)

-Received email on June 28, 2022, saying that my address is in remote location, and FedEx needs an additional US$35 to deliver. There were a few options given; pay the additional fee, cancel the order or provide a different address that is not considered a remote location. I was able to have them ship it to my friend who lives in a major city just 30min drive away.

-Received an Email from FedEx on June 30, 2022 with a tracking number.

-July 07, 2022, package arrived in Canada, and was delivered same day. I happened to be in the city when my friend called telling me my package had arrived.

Now as soon as I saw that my package was in Canada I contacted FedEx and asked if I would have to pay a import/tax fee. They told me that I would receive an email on how and where to pay within 24hours, or I can go to https://www.fedex.com/paynow/payment and input my tracking number to see if I owed anything and pay up before receiving the email, amount would be the same anyway. FedEx also told me that this could likely speed up the delivery by 1-2 days, so I went ahead and payed my dues.  Expected delivery was July 11, 2022, but was delivered yesterday July 07, 2022.

Total cost came to CAD$321, put it together and set the mini-stick mode to TempoB , so far it feels much better than the TM 160000, especially the twist axis.

Here is an image of the Import/Tax fees:

image.jpeg

Edited by TheCoyoteHunter

"The problem with internet quotes is it is very hard to determine their authenticity." --Abraham Lincoln

DCS: FC3, FA-18C Hornet, Supercarrier, P-51D Mustang, F-5E Tiger II, A-10C II Tank Killer, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Normandy 2.0, WWII Assets Pack.

Thanks so much for sharing your experience!
Can you share what type of FedEx parcel this was? Express? Ground?

My recent experience ordering from HobbyKing (USA Warehouse) to Canada was much worse, FedEx's own fees were much much higher.

What you had was very reasonable, in fact it was basically like Canada Post's fee.

Still, I find your experience too good to be true 😄

This uncertainty has been the main reason I haven't bought VKB gear and I am sure I am not the only Canadian feeling like this.
Over the years we've developed an immediate "run away" instinct the minute we see FedEx, UPS or DHL next to (cross-border) shipping option.

• Like 1

Hi @condor11,

It was shipped via FedEx Express.

When ordering from VBK to Alberta, Canada, you are given 2 options, DHL for US$57.00 or FedEx for US$60.00. I chose FedEx but I really don't know why.

The joystick itself is absolutely fantastic, I just wish more of the CAD$321.00 could have gone to VBK instead of FedEx, VBK got around CAD$210.

I was on the fence for a long time as well about the unknown additional shipping fee(s) associated with ordering from VBK. Lots of write ups over on Reddit. That's why I wanted to share my experience.

Regards

Coyote

"The problem with internet quotes is it is very hard to determine their authenticity." --Abraham Lincoln

DCS: FC3, FA-18C Hornet, Supercarrier, P-51D Mustang, F-5E Tiger II, A-10C II Tank Killer, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Normandy 2.0, WWII Assets Pack.