Mission 2 score 4-10 low level flight issue

Hi there,

Great campaign first of all! 

I've tried mission 2 twice, with both time 96 score. I've also checked the score card. I noticed that following ATC's instruction for departure will give you 4, and hit WP4-10 correctly gives you 2 for each. I'm sure that I've followed ATC's instruction correctly (permission for engine start, permission for taxi, hold short and contact tower for takeoff, hold 5nm 050 under 1500feet then contact departure to fly 320 climbing angles 10, when given instruction by departure turn heading 250 while maintain angles 10. about 20nm from Incirlik, departure will set you free and then proceed to WP1 for low level entry).

I suppose the 4 score I was missing was during my low level flight from WP4-10. It appears to me that I can't keep 400 knots whilst keep below 150ft above the river. Although in my 2nd run, I thought I had followed WP4-10 correctly, with Poodle saying "well done, nice, you made it... blablabla" and I think when I hit those waypoints, my altitude was sure low enough (not below 150 as mentioned above). I still get 96. Does anyone has the same issue with mission 2? 

Thanks 

Edited by Jenson
  • PC Specs: Intel i7 9700, Nvidia RTX 2080S, Corsair 64G DDR4, MSI B360M Mortar Titanium, Intel 760P M.2 256GB SSD + Samsung 1TB SSD, Corsair RM650x
  • Flight Gears: Logitech X56 HOTAS & Flight Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2
  • Modules: F-14A/B, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C I/II, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Project: Operation Hormuz [F/A-18C Multiplayer Campaign]

On 7/31/2022 at 5:55 AM, Jenson said:

Hi there,

Great campaign first of all! 

I've tried mission 2 twice, with both time 96 score. I've also checked the score card. I noticed that following ATC's instruction for departure will give you 4, and hit WP4-10 correctly gives you 2 for each. I'm sure that I've followed ATC's instruction correctly (permission for engine start, permission for taxi, hold short and contact tower for takeoff, hold 5nm 050 under 1500feet then contact departure to fly 320 climbing angles 10, when given instruction by departure turn heading 250 while maintain angles 10. about 20nm from Incirlik, departure will set you free and then proceed to WP1 for low level entry).

I suppose the 4 score I was missing was during my low level flight from WP4-10. It appears to me that I can't keep 400 knots whilst keep below 150ft above the river. Although in my 2nd run, I thought I had followed WP4-10 correctly, with Poodle saying "well done, nice, you made it... blablabla" and I think when I hit those waypoints, my altitude was sure low enough (not below 150 as mentioned above). I still get 96. Does anyone has the same issue with mission 2? 

Thanks 

Hi, sounds like departure was ok so most likely culprit is not being low enough when on the low level run given the 4 points deducted.  Don't worry about the speed too much, the score doesn't take this into account, just focus on being low, IIRC the 150 feet isn't the be all and end all, I tried to set each scoring zone so that you just had to be below the level of the valley walls.  I don't remember ever having an issue with the score during testing but I'll do a quick test soon and make sure I didn't put any errors in.

7 hours ago, ChillNG said:

Just to confirm have retested, and all low level scoring zones triggered ok.

Hi Chillng, thanks for the feedback. 

I also did another run this morning but got 96 points again. I was a little frustrated. After reading your first reply above, I noted that my altitude wasn't low enough, could you confirm if these low level score zones are set at each waypoint? (Maybe I could use it as a cheat-note). 

BTW, I also saved the track that I played this morning, if it doesn't bother too much, I wonder if you could kindly check where these two points were deducted? (Clearly I was using ATC to lock speed at 400 and struggling to keep low, also it's very dangerous if you're not familiar with the terrain) I might pay more attention and reduce speed for my next attempt (It takes too long to cold start and fly over to get ready for the run). Thanks so much.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1grmaXTAsVL1c28jVNjdCn01DCCYwI0su/view?usp=sharing

• PC Specs: Intel i7 9700, Nvidia RTX 2080S, Corsair 64G DDR4, MSI B360M Mortar Titanium, Intel 760P M.2 256GB SSD + Samsung 1TB SSD, Corsair RM650x
  • Modules: F-14A/B, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C I/II, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

15 hours ago, Jenson said:

Hi Chillng, thanks for the feedback. 

I also did another run this morning but got 96 points again. I was a little frustrated. After reading your first reply above, I noted that my altitude wasn't low enough, could you confirm if these low level score zones are set at each waypoint? (Maybe I could use it as a cheat-note). 

BTW, I also saved the track that I played this morning, if it doesn't bother too much, I wonder if you could kindly check where these two points were deducted? (Clearly I was using ATC to lock speed at 400 and struggling to keep low, also it's very dangerous if you're not familiar with the terrain) I might pay more attention and reduce speed for my next attempt (It takes too long to cold start and fly over to get ready for the run). Thanks so much.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1grmaXTAsVL1c28jVNjdCn01DCCYwI0su/view?usp=sharing

The scoring zones are close to the way-points, but not always exactly on them.  Generally speaking if you are in the valley above the river you should be in the zone.  The easiest places to lose points are on WP4 (the tight valley turn where you can go over as an escape maneuver), there is a scoring zone soon after this turn.  WP5 can also be tricky as it is easy to lose the river in this area.

Unfortunately tracks are never much good for this sort of thing as they don't record your flight, just recreate the control inputs, so error creeps in and on a low level replay will absolutely put you into a valley wall.

7 hours ago, ChillNG said:

The scoring zones are close to the way-points, but not always exactly on them.  Generally speaking if you are in the valley above the river you should be in the zone.  The easiest places to lose points are on WP4 (the tight valley turn where you can go over as an escape maneuver), there is a scoring zone soon after this turn.  WP5 can also be tricky as it is easy to lose the river in this area.

Unfortunately tracks are never much good for this sort of thing as they don't record your flight, just recreate the control inputs, so error creeps in and on a low level replay will absolutely put you into a valley wall.

Understood, will keep practicing and be more careful on WP4 and WP5, thank you sir. 

• Thanks 1