Game freeze and unrecoverable crash

ECV56_FOXONE

Since 2 weeks I have this problem, and have to play a hard reset to my pc that not responding, hear discord voices, and mouse works, but ctrl+alt+delete not responds, reinstall win10 and game 2 times, no mods, and 32gb page file, need a help please, attached my log

dcs.log

Edited by ECV56_FOXONE

• ECV56_FOXONE changed the title to Game freeze and unrecoverable crash

Hi, there's an ongoing freeze issue with Heatblur's F-14 and we still don't know what's happening exactly. I see you were playing the Foothold mission when your PC froze.

Does it freeze when you play a mission with no F-14?

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

yes but happens on other missions different of Foothold, last night freeze flying warbirds, explain better, flyng F14 the bug occurs? or F14 module on DCS? flying or not, and another cuestion, if unistall F14 solve the problem?

Edited by ECV56_FOXONE

According to users, even an AI F-14 unit present in the mission can produce the freeze:

Was there an AI F-14 unit in your warbirds mission? (a remake of The Final Countdown movie, maybe?)

If not, your issue is different.

By the way, you have a few unusual errors in your dcs.log file. The first one may be caused by the ECHO19_CORE sound mod.

2022-08-03 02:36:02.450 ERROR   SOUND: can't load proto file "/sounds/25/sdef/aircrafts/engines/su25inenginer.sdef": [string "/sounds/25/sdef/aircrafts/engines/su25inenginer.sdef"]:1: unfinished string near '"Effects/Aircrafts/Engines/Su25InEngineR'''
2022-08-03 02:36:09.562 ERROR   EDCORE: Failed to load C:/Program Files/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World OpenBeta/CoreMods/services/LeapMotion/bin/edLeapMotion.dll: (126) No se puede encontrar el módulo especificado.
2022-08-03 02:36:11.954 ERROR   EDCORE: Failed to load D:/dario/DCS.openbeta/Mods/services/DCS-SRS/bin/srs.dll: (126) No se puede encontrar el módulo especificado.

The second error can be a concern since it's about a missing core game file. Can you please check "edLeapMotion.dll" really cannot be found inside "C:/Program Files/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World OpenBeta/CoreMods/services/LeapMotion/bin/"?

I agree we don't really care about Leap Motion on its own since you don't use it.

But I asked you about Leap Motion because it's a missing component of the game, and you said you had done a repair. If this edLeapMotion.dll file is really missing, it means your game has not been properly repaired and maybe more important components are missing too.

So please check this file is really missing. If it is missing, run another DCS repair (choose "slow" method).

Your dxdiag log shows your Saved Games folder is stored on a HDD. HDDs have slow response time, and this could be a reason for suffering freezes. If you have enough space on your NVMe C:\ drive , it will be better for DCS that you tell Windows to store its Saved Games on the C:\ drive.

Good. To solve your stutter issue, ensure the Windows power plan is set to the max ("High performance", "Maximum Performance"...).

See here.

If that doesn't help, reproduce the stuttering, then attach your dcs.log file here.

Oh, OK. I read a lower number in your dxdiag log:

BIOS: 5606 (type: UEFI)

I guess DirectX was not able to retrieve the updated BIOS version number.

Maybe you should reinstall your NVMe driver, then? It helped a user once:

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/269446-dcs-dedicated-server-27-bsoding-windows/?do=findComment&comment=4644835