[INVESTIGATING] JDAM terminal parameters seems to do weird things.

Aernov

When I enter desired terminal heading (say, I'm inbound from 030 (flying 210), and enter TERM HDG 180.0 ANG 45) I get very short LAR zone on EHSD, and HUD hit probability count doesn't match LAR markers on the circle. Release without terminal parameters applied results in hit with angle of 80-90 degrees. Track will come later.

Screen_220810_162224.png

^-- with TERM - short LAR, and bombs seems to be trying to approach the target from 90 degrees angle (or even from the entered heading?)? and adjusting impact angle very close to target.

Screen_220810_162225.png

^--without TERM applied everything seems to be working, but released bombs fall with an angle of 80-90 degrees. Can this reduce calculated release range?

Here's the track:JDAM terminal parameters.trk

Air start, 2 x GBU38 + TPod, point T0, term hdg entered as 082.0, angle entered as 45. LAR shrinked, not too much, but to around half of initial size. Hit probability count in the middle of LAR was around 60. Bomb followed set parameters. It seems that the system calculates release zone in such a way as to allow the bomb to fly at set terminal angle all the way from release to impact.

no term param applied.png- TERM not applied

term 082.0 45 deg.png- TERM HDG 082.0 ANG 45 applied

term middle of lar.png- in the middle of indicated LAR with set TERM

EDIT: first flight results seemed different, bomb didn't follow impact angle and heading seemed to be reversed. Probably, further testing is needed.

Edited by Aernov

• AlphaJuliet changed the title to [INVESTIGATING] JDAM terminal parameters seems to do weird things.