Stored heading alignment recovers incorrect coordinates

Aquorys

This problem appears to be reproducible as follows:

• Start the aircraft as usual
  • Fly to another airport
  • Perform a full normal alignment (NORM to 8 minutes/1x CEP) with the coordinates and altitude of the new location (confirm or type in)
  • Select INS ALIGN OFF
  • Wait ~10-15 seconds for the INS to shut down properly
  • Shut down the aircraft, thereby removing power from the INS
  • Restart the aircraft as usual using stored heading alignment

The INS page will show the coordinates of the airport where the aircraft was originally spawned instead of the coordinates of the last full alignment that should have been stored. The resulting alignment is unusable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's not how stored hdg alignment functions. It will only work in the parking spot you spawn into initially. If you need to redo your alignment after moving, you will have to do a full alignment. If you turn the INS to OFF, you will have to realign before setting it to NAV. 

10 hours ago, Yaga said:

That's not how stored hdg alignment functions. It will only work in the parking spot you spawn into initially.

Then would you please enlighten me as to how they spawn aircraft into a parking spot in real life, so they can do a stored heading alignment? Cause last time I checked, they just parked them there after flying them. It's almost as if there were a procedure that prepares an aircraft for running a stored heading alignment in its last stored parking spot before its next flight... 🤔

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Aquorys said:

Then would you please enlighten me as to how they spawn aircraft into a parking spot in real life, so they can do a stored heading alignment? Cause last time I checked, they just parked them there after flying them. It's almost as if there were a procedure that prepares an aircraft for running a stored heading alignment in its last stored parking spot before its next flight... 🤔

Yep, I'm totally off here. You should be able to store the alignment through power off as long as you do a full alignment prior to shutting down, and this is indeed nonfunctional in the sim. 

• Thanks 1

Isn't the additional data to perform a stored heading align pre-inserted by ground crew?(i'm just guessing) In DCS i think that type of "support" is simulated only at the first spawn for obvious reasons. Enable that everywhere means that you are simulating to have your crew even if you land on an highway in the middle of nowhere.