RTX 30 series and mobo compatibility

Gents, 
I'm running a 17 9700k on an Asus Z390-E motherboard and a RTX 2080. I, for obvious reasons, wish to upgrade to a 30 series. Does anyone know if the 30 series is compatible with my mobo? I understand that if it is and I do upgrade that I will have a bottle neck at the CPU. I'm willing to live with that until I build a new rig. In the meantime, I'd like to run DCS at a bit higher settings and FPS.

Any insight would be appreciated!

Yes you're fine.

Modules: F-14A/B | F-15C | F-16C | F/A-18C | SU-33 | Spitfire Mk IX | AH-64D | UH-1 | Super Carrier | Combined Arms | Persian Gulf | Syria | NTTR

Setup: VKB Gunfighter Mk.III F-14 CE HOTAS | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | MFG Crosswind V3 | Custom switch panel | Tek Creations F14 Display Panel | Custom F14 Left Vertical Console | Custom IR Tracker | Custom butt kicker

PC: i7 11700K | 64GB G-Skill DDR4 3600MHz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | DCS dedicated 2TB M.2 NVMe SSD | 3440x1440 144hz 34" ultrawide

The property you‘re looking for here is PCIE 3.0. The 30 series supports PCIE 4.0, but that is optional and the advantage is minuscule at best.

Since your 20 Series card already runs on PCIe 3.0, you‘re golden.

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"