Trigger "Add Comm Option" not working properly for groups

Jel

Situation: Multiplayer Map with several clients. Many triggers (which i´m quite familiar with), all working.

Now I added a trigger, adding a comm option, let´s say "where´s the beer?" for a single group, let´s call it "thirsty flight".

It enables flag 14 by which following triggers are - well, triggered.

Triggered Actions after using the comm options are working perfectly so far but:

The set comm option appears for the "thirsty flight" group ONLY if i select this role at mission start. When i don´t, the comm option instead gets added to whatever client i select for myself. This client ALWAYS has the comm option available, although it should be for "thirsty flight" only. 

Selecting another role and the comm option is gone again (as it should be), re-entering the first selected role and it´s back.

I tried using the trigger directly (no precondition, just adding the comm option), also with "more time 10" to give it a small delay after mission load.

Nothing seems to work.

Now is this a known issue or am i just too dumb to insert this ?

When in doubt - climb. Nobody ever collided with air.

1 hour ago, Jel said:

Yes the issue seems only to be persistant in Multiplayer...

The thing I would try (but with no real hope) would be to change the condition of this trigger from "Time > 10s" to "unit in zone" (create a small zone that includes PaleHorse).

Sorry I can't help. Maybe post a thread in "multiplayer bugs" linked to this one for better help to be brought ?

Well as a workaround, i´ve changed the trigger to check for the specific group to be alive first.

Seems to work now, although this precondition really shouldn´t be necessary at all 🙂

• Like 1

When in doubt - climb. Nobody ever collided with air.