[WIP] F-15C, 60th Tactical Fighter Squadron, Eglin AFB, FL

SOLIDKREATE

This is a work in progress of the 60th TFS or the US Air Force. They are stationed at Eglin AFB, FL. I'm making a base skin that you can add your own pilot names to and be able to use the number board App in-game. As you can see I have a lot of camo mis-matches. I re-colored the paint scheme using colored sample from photos of various F-15's. I still need to add the inner fin flash of the black bar with the masked out Eagle head.

60TH TFS_1.jpg

60TH TFS_2.jpg

60TH TFS_4.jpg

60TH TFS_5.jpg

• Like 2

The F-14 is the bird I am waiting to buy. That is the one I will spend and extravagant amount of time of skinning. I used to be in VF-32. I was a Power Plants and Fuels Systems guy. We call the rate 'AD' which is Aviation Machinist's Mate. I designed our last unit patch, the one you see in my avatar. I may not have been the first but I will be the last, part of history forever. 

Anyway, I think you and I will be good friends. I need to fix that eyesore of the USAF decal 'Tactical Air Command'. It is far to bright, makes my eyes bleed. This skin is really for practice, seems just as easy as IL-2: BoX. I may even do some more work on the camo. I will upload the .psd as well so people can change the pilot & crew chief names. The board numbers are changed in the re-arm menu.

Screen_220822_012734.jpg

Edited by SOLIDKREATE
  • Like 1

In our wing, we chose so with individual markings - each of the machines we use - A-10, F-15C, F-16C, F / A-18C have general squadron painting with a set of markings. And everyone who wants and decides to be with us "longer" gets an individual skin with his nickname, number, etc. I do only for the F-15C and my friend does the rest;) Why so? Because I only fly F-15C and maybe I will switch to E when it comes out ... although I would prefer full fidelity C 😉 But I do not have any special hopes in this theme 😉

Screen_220822_142257.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SOLIDKREATE said:

The F-14 is the bird I am waiting to buy. That is the one I will spend and extravagant amount of time of skinning. I used to be in VF-32. I was a Power Plants and Fuels Systems guy. We call the rate 'AD' which is Aviation Machinist's Mate. I designed our last unit patch, the one you see in my avatar. I may not have been the first but I will be the last, part of history forever. 

What are you waiting for?