How large is this map?

Tiger-II

As the subject!

I've been looking for a map large enough to actually require tankers to fly in. Even the Persian Gulf map can be flown without tanker support.

It's looking spectacular, and can't wait to see the completed map!

• Like 1

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

4 hours ago, Tiger-II said:

I've been looking for a map large enough to actually require tankers to fly in. Even the Persian Gulf map can be flown without tanker support.

It will depend on many factors, including what you do, what aircraft you fly, and how you fly it.

The PG is 950x680 nm edge to edge in editor. And the SA is 1780x510 nm.

When flying over the mainland, a typical trip could be 20-70% longer than on PG, with seriously limited divert options.

When flying between the Islands and mainland (800 nm round trip), you will likely need to tank at least once. If not for fuel, then to prevent you from dying of boredom 🙂 

• Like 1

Dima | My DCS uploads

8 hours ago, Minsky said:

It will depend on many factors, including what you do, what aircraft you fly, and how you fly it.

The PG is 950x680 nm edge to edge in editor. And the SA is 1780x510 nm.

When flying over the mainland, a typical trip could be 20-70% longer than on PG, with seriously limited divert options.

When flying between the Islands and mainland (800 nm round trip), you will likely need to tank at least once. If not for fuel, then to prevent you from dying of boredom 🙂 

Thanks! That is what I was looking for!!

Edited by Tiger-II

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

• 2 months later...

the map is currently 3300km x  950km

Thankers are an important part of the map's development due to the large distances

• Like 2

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist