Which Is More Complex?

BuzzU

On 8/31/2022 at 1:55 PM, Dragon1-1 said:

Concur, the Winwing F-18 stick is awesome. I'm glad I have it, the only con is the RECCE/EVENT MARK button, which is a crappy little mini-hat. I guess it's OK for what it does, and you can fly the Hog and the Viper with it. 

Well, it fulfills the role of the missing TMS switch for me. I flew with a Cougar for many many years, now I have the WinWing Orion F/A-18 stick and Throttle as I mainly fly the -18 and Harrier for which it works well.  When I periodically go to re-learn the A-10C I have to program a lot of stuff in odd places to make up for the differences between the Warthog HOTAS and the -18.  It was similarly difficult with the Cougar, but at least the STICK portion could be mapped 1:1 with the Warthog. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CobraKhan said:

Hornet + Super Carrier and don’t look for anything else other than Maps! 

(As an aside) Do yourself a favor and pick up the FREE Community A-4 Mod!  Tons of fun and challenging Carrier Ops.  Steam gauges and  weapons delivery take some getting used to but it is really a nice mod rivaling any of the Paid DCS modules.  Really makes you appreciate not only how far technology has come but how skilled those pilots were without all the computerized assistance! If you fly in VR at all, it is even more impressive!

The same for WW2 planes. If I had to pick one favorite plane it wouldn't be a jet. I'll pick the P-51. My buddy owns one. I've loved that plane since I was a kid. We were both born about the same time.

Edited by BuzzU

Buzz