Really frustrated

CBStu

Campaign Operation Black Knight mission 4. I've flown this 4-5 times but finally (I know) looked in detail at the Mission Planner and realized that the 4 targets are already set as waypoints 2,3,4,5. Cool, so using the supplied loadout of GPS bombs and the usual Waypoint Designate procedure I nail all 4. And I managed to shoot down 2 or 3 of the L39s that are flying around. Get back to the boat and get this;

Score is 270 but result is ZERO. What the h--- do I have to do? I don't know if this is caused by the campaign or the DCS campaign tracking system. I have not been thrilled w/ the tracking system. There have been many instances where it doesn't seem to work very well. Here is one instance w/ this same campaign. This is a shot of the screen when I go to fly the campaign again. Notice there is no option to skip #4. There was an option to skip #2 when I first flew it and did not do well. I used the skip but then came back later, flew it again and succeded. Why can't I skip #4?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

4 Black Knight.jpg

4+ Black Knight.jpg

6 hours ago, CBStu said:

Score is 270 but result is ZERO. What the h--- do I have to do?

Score is simply an arbitrary number based on the number of units you destroyed. It has nothing to do with campaign progression. Result is a value from 0 to 100 and entirely dependent on the goals set by the mission designer. These should be pretty obviously based on the briefing for the mission, but for real specificity you'd need to open the mission up in the Mission Editor and see what the goals are programmed as. 

To make things more confusing: Results is listed as Score on the campaign screen. 

This is a shot of the screen when I go to fly the campaign again. Notice there is no option to skip #4. There was an option to skip #2 when I first flew it and did not do well. I used the skip but then came back later, flew it again and succeded. Why can't I skip #4?

Looks like you've already flown all of those missions. You can only skip a mission you have not flown already in the campaign. Once you've flown through a set of campaign missions you can effetely "skip" to any point in the campaign with the "Fly Again" button.

• Like 1

Thanks Bunny but I don't understand. How would I know I want to skip a mission if I haven't flown it yet? My purpose for wanting to skip a mission would be so I can advance in the campaign even though I haven't succeeded in one of the missions. There are a bunch more missions available but how do I get to fly them?

Black Knight files.jpg

14 hours ago, CBStu said:

Thanks Bunny but I don't understand. How would I know I want to skip a mission if I haven't flown it yet?

You can fly the mission but not accept the results. Once you accept the results from the debrief screen you have completed the mission and moved on in the campaign. 

It also looks like you're going backwards in the campaign too. DCS campaigns can be set up so that when a mission in failed, you return to the previous mission.

Edited by Bunny Clark

I decided to take a look at Mission 4 for you. 

You need to destroy 4x BM-21 MLRS units in the city, generally around waypoints, and shoot down four L-39s to complete the mission.

There is no score variation. You'll either get Results 0 and go back a mission, or get Results 100 and move forward.

WOW Bunny thank you. I think I got the MLRS but will need to check for sure. When I zoomed way in on the mission planning map I saw that the waypoint was not exactly on one unit. I thought it may have been placed between the launcher and the sensor unit but I will need to double check that too. Those L-39s will be tough. I am not at the game PC now but I am not sure there are enough missiles on board to do four L-39s. May need to re-arm. I will try again later today.

Markom- good one, thanks for the humor.

Bunny- Thanks again. I first looked at the mission planner map and moved the waypoints to right on the MLRS. Then did a re-arm. Not sure why the plane had an unneeded laser but 3 missiles but I dumped the laser and grabbed another 120c. So I flew it and was feeling good.......right til I hit the boat ramp and blew up. Funny though, I killed myself but still got 100 results. Thank you, moving on to mission 5.