"Kill messages" on the right side of the screen

Moxica
Go to solution Solved by Recluse,

Those get in the way sometimes, when I engage targets from pilot seat with gun.
Is there any way to switch them off?

Edited by Moxica

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

• Moxica changed the title to "Kill messages" on the right side of the screen
1 minute ago, Moxica said:

Those get in the way sometimes, when I engage targets from pilot seat with gun.
Is there any way to switch them off?

Pretty sure they are the battle damage assessment options, so you can disabled them in the man settings. They are also included in the list of forced settings per mission in the ME.

• Like 2

Ideally I would hotkey out, and in again.
But I don't even know what to term to look for.

Edited by Moxica

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

Er.. What does "ME" stand for?

• Solution

I think you can turn it on or off in the MISC tab: (Battle Damage Assessment).. not 100% sure it is the same BDA window that you are talking about which indeed can be set in the Mission Editor per mission.

nullYou should also be able to HOTKEY it based on the settings in the UI LAYER:

null

image.png

image.png

Edited by Recluse
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Excellent! Thx a bunch! 🙂

7 hours ago, Moxica said:

Excellent! Thx a bunch! 🙂

I did verify that clicking off BDA on the MISC screen DOES inhibit the kill messages. Not really sure what RALT + ' actually does. It didn't toggle the MISC setting back on, but maybe it disappears the BDA window when on screen. It doesn't stay on very long, so it was never an issue for me.  (VR as well).

• Like 1

I assigned a button on my PS3 controller. Works very well!