Combat ready panel - controling panel lights - maybe another way?

hreich

Does somebody know if you can control panel lighting - independetly of the module you fly in DCS? For example is there a way to control lights on combat ready panel  while flying other module than f-18, and using another dial button from another controller...For example using this  https://www.laptime.nl/shop/index.php?id_product=8&controller=product&id_lang=1  ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

First of all: the Winwing Combat Ready Panel (or any other HID device)  does not care which module you control with it, nor does it care which function you control with each button/knob/switch.

If a certain function can be bound to a certain dial is a different story, since not all functions can be bound to axis commands and others might actually need an axis.

Your proposed alternative might very well work. If the specific function in a specific module will work…that depends. Are the rotaries axis or encoders? Does the respective function require either of these…? It all depends…

(BTW: the combat ready panel does not have a dedicated dial for panel lights…but the take-off panel does)

oh and yes…you can use the same device and assign the functions for each module absolutely independently. 

Edited by Phantom711

vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

image.png

You can only use Winwing devices to control WinWing devices as Simappro is required.

I use the Pnl rotary on my Take Off panel to control the lights over it, Combat Panel and Taurus

Edited by MustangSally

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

10 hours ago, MustangSally said:

You can only use Winwing devices to control WinWing devices as Simappro is required.

I use the Pnl rotary on my Take Off panel to control the lights over it, Combat Panel and Taurus

Thanks thats the problem i dont have take off panel...But i can use my AXAIR MIAP dial rotary to control flood light rotary in F18 module, and that is changing light intensity on my COMBAT ready panel...But for other modules this doesnt work because there is no sync function working between f18 module and winwing hardware.. After reading through lot of posts i cant find a way for some other way to control lightning on winwing panel (except on/off manual opion through sim app software)  

Edited by hreich

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia