Possible to switch to Fox 2 while guiding a Fox 1 ?

cmbaviator
Go to solution Solved by gnomechild,

The M2K switches into a different radar-mode (is it boresight?) when selecting the Magic*. In the F1, you'll just pick up your tip-missiles and the radar should continue doing whatever it did before.

Don't be a dumass like me, though, and fly into the hot-zone with tips in override-ready and then wonder why you're shooting with heaters onto those ground-targets...

____

*It doesn't. As long as you don't change over to boresight, horizontal or vertical scan, you should be fine switching to Magics in the M2k.

Edited by Bremspropeller
  • Like 1

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!

23 minutes ago, Bremspropeller said:

The M2K switches into a different radar-mode (is it boresight?) when selecting the Magic. In the F1, you'll just pick up your tip-missiles and the radar should continue doing whatever it did before.

Don't be a dumass like me, though, and fly into the hot-zone with tips in override-ready and then wonder why you're shooting with heaters onto those ground-targets...

I master more the Air to Air in the 2000 rather than the F1 ( only since last WE) and in the 2000, after guiding a fox 1, you can either swith to canon or FOx 2 without breaking the STT lock and slaved the IR sensor of the Matra II so incase your FOX 1 gets trashed, you can finish with a fox 2 immediately.

However, i don't know about the F1.

If you don't have an STT lock, by selecting the FOX 2 in the 2000, you can select either Boresight or Vertical scan in the ACM radar mode and Boresight or SVI ( HUD mode) if you select Fox 1. but if you have already an STT lock, selecting fox 1, canon or fox 2 won't break the stt lock.

A good thing with 2000 is that even if you have FOX 1 selected, the IR sensor of the Matra II are enable so it can detect passively heat beyond the 10Nm max range of the ACM mode, therefore increasing your SA.