Allow multi-monitor setup selection before game load

LeCuvier

If you want to use a different multi-monitor set-up for your upcoming session you have to
1. start the game
2. look up the "Options" parameters you want to use
3. Enter these options in Options/System and hit "OK"
4. wait for the game to shut down and re-load
This is a cumbersome and time-consuming process.
It should be possible to create "presets" (sets of parameters for different configuations) and chose from them before the game actually loads.
This is probably wishful thinking, so I created a solution for myself using a MS Access database with some VBA programming.
The solution imports the "Options.lua" and enters all lines into a table. Then it parses the text lines and extracts labels and values into separate lines.
Going forward, I can now select from a short list of predefined settings and re-export the changed data to "Options.lua". This takes only a few seconds.
Now I can start DCS World and it will load with the updated Option values right away.
At this point in time, the presets include only 4 option items: Aspect Ratio, Sreen Height, Screen Width and the name of the multi-monitor setup file.
These are the 4 values that require the time-consuming process. The design is such that further options could be easily added.

This was an interesting project for me, but probably not useful for others because few people are comfortable with a database. Would be nice if ED could come up with an integrated solution to make this process quick and painless. I attach a screenshot of one of my forms for illustration.

Options Preset.JPG

Edited by LeCuvier
  • Like 1

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5