Onboard Sound vs PCI extreme.

vCUJOv

So true! :yes:

And the most funny thing is to see them using 200$ 5.1 to 7.1 speakers with the crapy onboard-chip. :megalol:

I have HIFI speakers here that each cost $ 200. A $200 5.1 or 7.1 set will sound like crap with or without a seperate sound card. Oh and the laptop I'm using at the moment has a "crappy" onboard sound card that is Dolby certified go figure :D

It's not matter of preference.

It's plain simple framerate counts!

You'll see huge improvement with good CPU, I guarantee.

Sell those GTX280 and SB X-Fi and CPU and MOBO

then buy high-end core2duo or i7( oh, rest money on rudder pedals)

(or buy and see results and sell afterwards :D )

System: Core2Duo E8500, 4G ram, GTX260, SLC SSD, and Vista 32bit. LG W2600HP 26" LCD.

Controls : MSFFB2, CH Pro throttle, Saitek rudder, Saitek throttle quadrant, and TrackIR4

BS Setting : medium with visibility HIGH

More skill you get, more you Love DCS:Black Shark.

It's not matter of preference.

It's plain simple framerate counts!

You'll see huge improvement with good CPU, I guarantee.

Sell those GTX280 and SB X-Fi and CPU and MOBO

then buy high-end core2duo or i7( oh, rest money on rudder pedals)

(or buy and see results and sell afterwards :D )

hehehe...

Actually you are so right...

I started looking for the X58 and i7 already, and you bet I'm getting those one day soon because with the OC and all rest as I said my FPS during really hard times are nowhere but around 15-20.... (shame, shame...).

BUT

The thing is with the extra sound card and little overclock I got these crucial 10FPS on top of the 10 I was getting when the simulation was really demanding.

And at 20 FPS the simulation is STILL NICELY FLYABLE (not to say that on a simple flights I'm getting 60-70FPS now, compared to 35-40 before the SB and OC). So in this time of crisis I somehow can not justify X58 purchase yet, for the sake of another 20-30 FPS in BS....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Regards!

I have HIFI speakers here that each cost $ 200. A $200 5.1 or 7.1 set will sound like crap with or without a seperate sound card. Oh and the laptop I'm using at the moment has a "crappy" onboard sound card that is Dolby certified go figure :D

That my friend is mainly elitist nonsense.

As long as the speakers have a good range then the biggest difference will come from the processing, ie sound cards.

As for the "Dolby Certified" it does depend on a) what Dolby were asked to certify and b) how much Dolby was given to do it.

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Champion.....

But the only difference between the Champion and Pro is that Champion has I/O module which is linked to the card to give you some quick access to several sound options.

Thanks much for your input... I just built a new rig a few weeks ago, using ASUS Striker II Extreme onboard SoundMAX and realized I forgot the sound card... I've been having problems getting on Teamspeak as well, so this presents an opportunity to buy something real good...

Thanks again...

ASUS Striker II Extreme - Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme - EVGA 896-P3-1267-AR GeForce GTX260 Core 216 SC Edition 896MB DDR3 - CORSAIR XMS3 DHX 4GB ( 2 X 2GB ) PC3-10666 1333MHz - Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33 GHz 6M L2 Cache 1333MHz FSB LGA775 Dual-Core Processor - ZALMAN ZM850-HP 850W