KNOB TRACK ALIGNEMENT

RommY

Hi EVERYONE,

have you noticed that the needle of the instrument indicating the heading, does not work anymore and remains blocked on the axis 0-180°?
in flight, on runway..... it is always blocked 

Annoying to know its alignment on a track without this instrument (obliged to use the F10 card)

Edited by RommY

• RommY changed the title to KNOB TRACK ALIGNEMENT

Ah, but I'm not the only one who has this problem on our servers as well as public servers.
To answer your question about repairing / reinstalling: yes of course I tested this first
Even when I asked other players, they found out that they had the same problem at home (which means that not many players use this function to know their alignment on track as on roads) 

4 hours ago, RommY said:

Ah, but I'm not the only one who has this problem on our servers as well as public servers.
To answer your question about repairing / reinstalling: yes of course I tested this first
Even when I asked other players, they found out that they had the same problem at home (which means that not many players use this function to know their alignment on track as on roads) 

Ok, I'll take a look even I get back from traveling and submit a bug report if I can recreate it. 

I'm curious why you are using the standby course indicator for runway alignment and not the primary?

Screenshot_20221109_065805.jpg

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

very relevant question: I find the other display more precise (readable too)
However, I am only bringing this information up in order to have a malfunction noticed on the module and my approach has no other interest

• 1 month later...

Now in OB 2.8.1.34437 the KURS indicator works again.
The implementation of the course correction dial is still wrong, because when turning, it turns the standby compass (KURS), but it shouldn't.

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

4 hours ago, TOViper said:

The implementation of the course correction dial is still wrong, because when turning, it turns the standby compass (KURS), but it shouldn't.

Can you point to docs for how the KURSKORR should function? 

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

Hello Machalot!

Initially, I am not 100% directly answering your question, but - at least - the other way around in order to separate the two systems :hehe:

1st point for me is the following:
Referring to SFI Flik 13, sida 8ff, where the indicator is explained.
I can see no indication in the book, that there is any direct connection between the Reservekursanläggningen and the Potentiometer KURSKORR, neither in the description, nor in the drawing (-3959 O-1).

2nd point for me is the following:
Referring to SFI Flik 20, sida 3, where the schematic is shown.
There is no indication in the book, that the KURSKORR (which can be seen on the most left side of the schematic), is connected to the Reservekursanläggningen (which is not part of the schematic at all).

Now, coming back to your question:

The schematic on Sida 13 (-3959 DY) shows the KURSKORR (bottom, mid) and how its signal is fed into the system.

FYI: For answering your question, I again quickly overflew the text of Sida 3 - Sida 13, and it (again) gives me no indication that there is a connection between the Reservekursanläggningen and the Potentiometer KURSKORR. My first reading of this chapter was a few weeks ago, when I started to revise RC2, but to be honest ... right at that time I was sick and had fever, so seen in hindsight things might have appeared differently then ... :dontgetit:

But anyway, thanks for digging into this at that level ... :book:

SFI_FLP_AJS37_Del1_1994-11-15_Kap_I_Beskr_Flik_13_Sidas_08_09_10_translation.txt

Edited by TOViper
  • Thanks 1

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1