Translation problem with the word "with"

Chacal_IX

Hello everyone,
I'm having trouble with the translation of some commands. For example, with the A-10, we can ask our wingman to attack with a specific weapon. I have translated all the weapon names but Vaicompro always adds the word "with" in english before the weapon name. How can I translate the word "with"? I can't find it anywhere in the list

Edited by Chacal_IX

5 hours ago, Chacal_IX said:

Hello everyone,
I'm having trouble with the translation of some commands. For example, with the A-10, we can ask our wingman to attack with a specific weapon. I have translated all the weapon names but Vaicompro always adds the word "with" in english before the weapon name. How can I translate the word "with"? I can't find it anywhere in the list

Can you be more elaborate? Have you translated to another language, and added them as aliases in the Keywords Editor? 

Sorry, English is not my native language. 

I will try to be more explicit with two images.

I have translated the texts as follows

image.png

And the result adds the text "with" to each of these commands

image.png

On the other texts other than weapons, I have no problem.

image.png

Edited by Chacal_IX

Aha! Get it. It happens when you do the "Finish" step. 
I guess you would need to add that it as a request in the wishlist section, as VAICOM only "supports" English for now. It builds the keywords to make commands for VoiceAttack. 
I know @Japo32 did some Spanish translation, maybe he knows of a solution.

Cheers! 

EDIT: You can of course do the "Finish" step, and instead paste it into your favourite text editor, and manually edit away those "with"s. And then copy the whole string and paste it into VoiceAttack.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

EDIT: You can of course do the "Finish" step, and instead paste it into your favourite text editor, and manually edit away those "with"s. And then copy the whole string and paste it into VoiceAttack.

This is what I did with each new translation, but I was looking for a definitive solution.

But thank you very much for trying to help me.

This is what I did with each new translation, but I was looking for a definitive solution.
But thank you very much for trying to help me.
I believe the solution will be that now VAICOM is in the community's hands, it will get support for several languages, and I guess that might take some time.
But cross your fingers!

Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

I replied to chacal internally but I am goint to put my reply here aswel for everybody.... 

In spanish we do not have that problem because with is "con" so it is amost the same. BUT vaicom or voiceattack won't try to find a meaning or correct language to understand. You can say instead of "with rockets" as "potato" and if you say: "two" pause "fron the north" pause "potato" pause "attack" "tanks" it will do it.

It is important to wait (pause) between commands in prefix.. but not wait in the attack tanks or attack vehicles.. etc... Here you can see how I did it 2 days ago in a tutorial in spanish... but even you don't understand spanish you can hear the pause with the sound vaicom produces:

So no change has to be done in any updates.... I have this working for long.

Edited by Japo32
  • Like 1

@Japo32

I don't think you understand my problem.
I imported your .CSV file in Spanish and once I press FINISH and paste in VA, instead of having "Con Mavericks", I get "with Con Mavericks". 

Are you manually deleting the word "with" or do you not have the same issue?

I just wish the word "with" wasn't added automatically.

but I didn't do the test with your "VAICOM PRO for DCS World-Spanish.vap" file

Edited by Chacal_IX

I replied to chacal internally but I am goint to put my reply here aswel for everybody.... 
In spanish we do not have that problem because with is "con" so it is amost the same. BUT vaicom or voiceattack won't try to find a meaning or correct language to understand. You can say instead of "with rockets" as "potato" and if you say: "two" pause "fron the north" pause "potato" pause "attack" "tanks" it will do it.
It is important to wait (pause) between commands in prefix.. but not wait in the attack tanks or attack vehicles.. etc... Here you can see how I did it 2 days ago in a tutorial in spanish... but even you don't understand spanish you can hear the pause with the sound vaicom produces:

So no change has to be done in any updates.... I have this working for long.
Thanks! Have you tried with the VSPX option? I like it way better because no pause is needed.

Cheers!

18 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Thanks! Have you tried with the VSPX option? I like it way better because no pause is needed.

Cheers!

YES YES YES!!!

The VSPX add the word "with" ! 

That was it. Thank you so much !!! :notworthy:

However, it would be nice if we could translate this word and use the VSPX

• Like 1

• Chacal_IX changed the title to Translation problem with the word "with"