Gunfighter extension for helicopter

Bastlwastl

Hi there,

at the moment i am using the 200mm extension for my gunfighter MKIII, working fine so far. But i would like to have a longer one to match more the controls of a real helicopter, is there anything available like this one here for the Warthog ?:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/294502001765

Or maybe is it possible to build it on your own? I also thougt about stacking two extensions, that could also work.

Thank you!

just a heads up - even though it's advertised as alloy, it will add quite a bit of swing weight and leverage to the gimbal due to it's length. If it's from china, often they aren't aircraft aluminum and will be a bit heavier. The warthog grip is around 1kg so the longer the extension, the greater the forces applied. it will be quite top heavy and harder to dampen

10 minutes ago, Dogmanbird said:

just a heads up - even though it's advertised as alloy, it will add quite a bit of swing weight and leverage to the gimbal due to it's length. If it's from china, often they aren't aircraft aluminum and will be a bit heavier. The warthog grip is around 1kg so the longer the extension, the greater the forces applied. it will be quite top heavy and harder to dampen

This is exactly what I'm using. The heavy original Warthog grip on a 20 cm extension and you are absolutely right. Even with the strongest springs, it is very soft and top heavy.

However. For Helicopter flying - this is perfect. You have a lot more fine control with the long throw and less return forces due to the leverage on the springs and the heavy grip is actually very nice for flying helos.

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

On 11/10/2022 at 11:07 PM, Bastlwastl said:

Or maybe is it possible to build it on your own? I also thougt about stacking two extensions, that could also work.

Thank you!

Hi, I think I've posted this before but I can't find it.

these are my zero-prestige 35cm diy ones made from broken carbon fibre booms. They weigh less than the 200mm extensions. They are vkb ultimate grips which are about 600grams. Left is for planes and right is for choppers using a super budgety diy damping arrangement to cope with the weight and provide a uniform feel throughout the movement.  It's a sandwich of corflute with the stick attached to a centre disk. I've built a few with one using candle wax, one with teflon tape (in picture) and one with nyogel 767 applied to the sheets. There's a cloth cover that goes of the base to minimise dust settling on the disk. The teflon tape feels nice and has lasted the longest without changing it's characteristic over time unlike the wax and nyogel, and doesn't need a cover. The teflon still feels good nearly 2 years on

unknown.png?width=263&height=593

unknown.png

video of the right one here

https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net/external/Pjup_q8NvzIA2NAlmjMGD9xcldVqbXnLrxlD5WqsgWg/https/i.imgur.com/1dq5wOZ.mp4

Edited by Dogmanbird