Trim problem

Crashdown2
Go to solution Solved by Sabre05,

I noticed that there are two trim command sets, one for the stick and one for the wheel on the left panel. I have the trim hat set on the hotas and the trim wheel is left alone on the keyboard commands, however when I used the trim hat, the wheel moves as well, even though it's not assigned to it. Is this normal? Could this be our trimming problems?

On 11/12/2022 at 6:35 AM, Crashdown2 said:

I noticed that there are two trim command sets, one for the stick and one for the wheel on the left panel. I have the trim hat set on the hotas and the trim wheel is left alone on the keyboard commands, however when I used the trim hat, the wheel moves as well, even though it's not assigned to it. Is this normal? Could this be our trimming problems?

They are linked because they control the same thing, however the trim wheel I believe allows you to more fine tune the trim.

Just as an aside to this, i have gotten into the habit of editing the default stick and keyboard controls .lua to change the manual trim wheel values from 0.3 to 0.1, its around the line 800, then mapping my actual stick trim hat on  to the trim wheel rather the cockpit stick, this gives you much finer control of the trim as you surfaces move less.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EddieMuntz said:

Just as an aside to this, i have gotten into the habit of editing the default stick and keyboard controls .lua to change the manual trim wheel values from 0.3 to 0.1, its around the line 800, then mapping my actual stick trim hat on  to the trim wheel rather the cockpit stick, this gives you much finer control of the trim as you surfaces move less.

sounds smart! might do that

Varzat_signatur.png

• 1 month later...
On 11/15/2022 at 1:28 PM, Dragon1-1 said:

Wheels in the real jet are not motorized, they don't move when the stick trimmer is actuated. This is why there are trim indicators next to them, to show the actual trim value, which is the combination of wheel and switch trim inputs.

They are motorized.

The first place to look for answers is the manual! The -1 says about the TRIM/AP DISC Switch:

DISC Deenergizes stick TRIM button, prevents autopilot engagement and ATF/autopilot blending, and deactivates trim motors (manual trim wheels still operative)

Plus, Lightning on Viperpits has opened up a real one. The photo links are dead but I have them saved somewhere.

The flight control system is the most vital in the a/c. There's nothing simple about it...