Mission Planning Option

timber29

As a longtime DCS driver and mission builder I would like the clients in MP or even single player missions as an option to be able to plan and route themselves with a something along the lines of lighter functionality of the mission planner. I've built completely scripted mission plans to totally open missions to let users plan their own routes (but painful). There should be the option for folks to just jump in a jet and fly but for those that want to plan their own routes and load targets to do so. It would also save mission builders a lot of time in not having to consider routing, etc. Folks may or may not realize that it takes many hours to successfully plan and execute a single sortie and done the right way in DCS it can take minutes but I'd rather give the user to route themselves as a better option than the mission builders. 

It's coming with the wider data cartridge functionality, unfortunately not much detail about it apart from this which is over 3 years old at this point.

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.