Rudder

joojoo

Hey to all,

When I try a cold start from a carrier, the rudder in the vertical stabilizers are not steady but they flicker left and right resulting an immediate stall after launch. The aircraft seem that cannot raise speed and in the end crashes.

Any idea? Thanx

Had this today as well, luckily still on deck when I saw the rudder pedals moving. Turned out that the calibration of my rudder pedals was off. 

Another reason for this might be double bindings. DCS does crazy things if you got multiple axis on different devices, you might check this as well. 

I don't understand the problem then. The rudder move on the carrier with no pedal movement. That is "normal" even so it shouldn't, but that should be no problem after launch. 

I had a problem because I screwed up my rudder calibration. I used the tool coming with the MfG Crosswind pedals to recalibrate. I don't know your brand of pedals. They would come either with their own tool or you could try the windows calibration. 

If there would be anything wrong, you will see it in the cockpit, glancing in v the foot well and look for unnormal actuation of the pedals