laptop for VR viable?

Lots of good deals on gaming laptops right now.  I know that laptop GPUs don't have the performance of their desktop counterparts.  Is a laptop 3080 or 3080ti enough for VR?  Anyone run one right now and can describe the performance?  Already have a Reverb G2.  Need to move it back and forth between two locations.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

I have a 2-3 year work laptop that happens to be a Dell G5 gaming laptop, I don't know what card is in it but it definitely isn't as good as a 3080. I took it with me on holiday last Christmas, paired with a Quest 2 , to get my DCS fix while I was away and it worked well, the performance was surprisingly good. So I'd say, yes it is possible.

Bear in mind though, it was a year ago, so I can't remember what settings I was using in terms of visual quality, I was only messing around in single player, it was DCS 2.7 and a Quest 2, not a Reverb, so results will obviously vary.

• Like 1

i5-11600K CPU, 64GB DDR4 RAM, XFX Speedster MERC319 AMD Radeon 6900 XT, Oculus Quest 2, HP Reverb G2