Can I syncronize settings from 2.7 to 2.8

Moxica

Is there a way to sync./ ensure that my settings are the same in the two? Because 2.8 performance is so bad, I cant use it.
And I want to make absolutely sure there is no difference in settings.
(Also, I can't use any more time debugging. I've had enough.)

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

• ED Team

If you want help you will need to provide more information. 

dcs.log and dxdiag to start with. 

A track replay showing a fps issue will also help. 

As for syncing your settings, if you used the same setting in 2.7 they will be the same in 2.8 if you are not seeing comparable results then it needs to be investigated. 

As mentioned above you need to provide clues for us. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

7 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

If you want help you will need to provide more information. 

dcs.log and dxdiag to start with. 

A track replay showing a fps issue will also help. 

As for syncing your settings, if you used the same setting in 2.7 they will be the same in 2.8 if you are not seeing comparable results then it needs to be investigated. 

As mentioned above you need to provide clues for us. 

thank you

Thank you.
My question is on how do you go by to sync those settings?
Is there a file I could copy or smth?

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

• ED Team
7 minutes ago, Moxica said:

Thank you.
My question is on how do you go by to sync those settings?
Is there a file I could copy or smth?

C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config 

then look for options.lua 

move it to the same folder in the stable version if you are using stable. 

C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS\Config 

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks again.
I'd have to tell you that your statement "if you used the same setting in 2.7 they will be the same in 2.8" made me optimistic, so I fired up 2.8 again.

First test in a relatively long time.
And whaddyaknow. The framerate was/is better than ever. I do not have a clue about what could have done that.

How long was Adam in paradise?
-Not long.
I can not believe a platform this mature still can be categorized as "promising" at best.
In spite of a brand new, $4K rig, it is completely impossible to make it run smooth.
Turning down allready 2012 standards graphics quality to wolfenstein-level, still will not deliver smooth gameplay through a complete mission.
This must be the most frustrating endeavour I have ever tried. (Those shimmering clouds alone are starting to give me meningitis, and skin rash)
My setting? I've tried them all. I will not send. I don't need help. You do! Besides; I've sent to or three chrash reports; Put that in your book! 

-Thank you for reading, and thus sharing my frustration over my favourite themed product. Sorry if I vomited.
ED: I still love you.  🙂