MIP UFC in hidden cockpit

rmk80

Hi, if I hide the cockpit with Alt + F1 the buttons on my UFC no longer function and it is also no longer synchronized. If I unhide the cockpit everything is back to normal. 

Is this intended/normal behaviour? Is there a work around? The DDI’s do keep working without the cockpit visible.

• 3 weeks later...
En 10/12/2022 a las 6:44, rmk80 dijo:

Hi, if I hide the cockpit with Alt + F1 the buttons on my UFC no longer function and it is also no longer synchronized. If I unhide the cockpit everything is back to normal. 

Is this intended/normal behaviour? Is there a work around? The DDI’s do keep working without the cockpit visible.

Yes, I noticed the same with the Winwing MIP. I guess the guys from Winwing will fix this problem soon.

The problem is with DCS, not Winwing

Edited by MustangSally

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

I have experienced a similar problem when using helios - I think that DCS doesn't generate the data for displays when the viewport isn't rendered, so the data can't be read by Helios or in this case the WinWing UFC.

I solved the problem in my Helios layout by rendering the additional viewports for the UFC and IFEI smaller in a space outside the screen area so that the values have to be generated (even in Alt + F1).

Maybe this solution will also work for the WinWing UFC?

- add the code to the LUA to render the UFC outside of the screen area or make a Helios profile that does this. You can set up the DDIs this way and not need to use SimAppPro to manage the screens, which will also let you combine multiple aircraft configure into a single LUA without having to restart DCS to change aircraft.

--EDIT 

I've just tested my theory and it works - I've attached a Helios profile that works for me

There was space in the blank area above the DDI viewports to add the IFEI and UFC viewports at full scale

FA18C.hpf

Edited by bojack
added file
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, bojack said:

I have experienced a similar problem when using helios - I think that DCS doesn't generate the data for displays when the viewport isn't rendered, so the data can't be read by Helios or in this case the WinWing UFC.

I solved the problem in my Helios layout by rendering the additional viewports for the UFC and IFEI smaller in a space outside the screen area so that the values have to be generated (even in Alt + F1).

- add the code to the LUA to render the UFC outside of the screen area or make a Helios profile that does this. You can set up the DDIs this way and not need to use SimAppPro to manage the screens, which will also let you combine multiple aircraft configure into a single LUA without having to restart DCS to change aircraft.

--EDIT 

I've just tested my theory and it works - I've attached a Helios profile that works for me

There was space in the blank area above the DDI viewports to add the IFEI and UFC viewports at full scale

FA18C.hpf 6.9 kB · 0 downloads

This is interesting. I use helios as well, and every thing on all of my profiles works just fine in regular f1 or alt f1 with no modification.... I have my helios code in the export.lua at the very top of the list.. I wonder if that causes dcs to export differently. I haven't changed anything on any of my profiles.

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones

@MadKreator - you might be correct, it could be the Helios patches that are making it work without anything I did in the Helios viewports having any effect.

I built a new PC over Christmas so had a clean install of DCS and SimAppPro. Tested it clean and alt-F1 didn't update the UFC, then I installed Helios and made a test layout with the UFC included and when I tested again alt-F1 the UFC was updating.

But it could just have been the Helios install patches that made it update

Edited by bojack

On 1/3/2023 at 2:39 PM, bojack said:

--EDIT 

FA18C.hpf 6.9 kB · 3 downloads

Hi bojack, I dont use HELIOS but creating the UFC Viewport and redering it (only in little sice) outside the screen area solved my problem too.

Thank you for sharing.

• Like 1

Cheers Uli

My Home Cockpit project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2609929#post2609929

• 1 year later...

Hi.

I’m a new Winwing user and I”m really missing the functionality of the UFC flying under HUD only view (Alt + F1). That’s very important for simpit builders. UFC is dead, DDIs work well.
Thank you.

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO WiFi AC / i7-8700K@5.0 GHz / 2xM.2 Toshiba OCZ RD400 1Tb / 4xCorsair 8Gb (32Gb) DDR4@3000 MHz / 2xGeforce GTX 1080 Ti + 1Geforce GTX 680 / SoundBlaster Fatal1ty / Windows 10 Home x64 / TM Warthog / TM TPR Pedals / Oculus Rift / Samsung UE32EH5000W