Viggen Nav pad not working

advancedme

Hi Heatblur people

I really enjoy the AJS-37 and have had a great time flying it.

I'm suffering with a problem that the NAV pad numbers do not seem to work for me.

I'm using V 2.8 open beta (downloaded a week ago) I fly with VR on oculus rift. Using my hands or keyboard shortcuts I get no numbers appearing when the switch Is set to In and I press 9099 for example.

Not sure if it's connected but also the navpoints do not load correctly when flying the mission (I've seen other threads relating to this but none where the keypad inputs don't work.

Any suggestions please?

Many thanks 

21 hours ago, advancedme said:

Hi Heatblur people

I really enjoy the AJS-37 and have had a great time flying it.

I'm suffering with a problem that the NAV pad numbers do not seem to work for me.

I'm using V 2.8 open beta (downloaded a week ago) I fly with VR on oculus rift. Using my hands or keyboard shortcuts I get no numbers appearing when the switch Is set to In and I press 9099 for example.

Not sure if it's connected but also the navpoints do not load correctly when flying the mission (I've seen other threads relating to this but none where the keypad inputs don't work.

Any suggestions please?

Many thanks 

Have you switched the mode to REF/LOLA?  That's the procedure for loading the cartridge. There is no valid Input in AKT POS mode. 

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

2 hours ago, Machalot said:

Have you switched the mode to REF/LOLA?  That's the procedure for loading the cartridge. There is no valid Input in AKT POS mode. 

Yes I have. 

Another clue might be that in autostart when it comes to inputting the code I can see the number 9 is depressed but it never pops back up on its on. If I click on it it pops up and animates properly but never works on the screen.

59 minutes ago, advancedme said:

Yes I have. 

Another clue might be that in autostart when it comes to inputting the code I can see the number 9 is depressed but it never pops back up on its on. If I click on it it pops up and animates properly but never works on the screen.

Check your keybinds for unexpected mappings that might activate that. 

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

No keybindings other than keyboard for the NAV pad numbers. 

If I press nothing other than the autostart keys. It still didn't enter the digits after it has loaded a card, switched to Ref Lola and put the switch to in. It pressed the 9 down, but nothing appears on the screen.

5 minutes ago, advancedme said:

It's 25 mb and I didn't even take off 🤣😂 

Where do you recommend I upload it to please?  

Right here in a post would work. Max file size is 64MB, so should be plenty

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

10 minutes ago, advancedme said:
  • Max total size: 5 MB

this is what i am shown when i reply. ?

Oh, my bad. CB testers might have a different limit then.

A dropbox or google drive (or whatever you might have) link will work too. Also with a file that large I assume it's from a multiplayer mission, are you able to replicate in in let's say the "cold start" mission too? Or is it only on that one mission? 
Using the cold start mission should result in a much smaller file size too.

Edited by MYSE1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

https://www.dropbox.com/s/32vpn370bxgj62d/ajs37navpad.trk?dl=0

this is the Autostart example

After autostart is completed I press the 9 button with a keyboard shortcut and you can see it pops back up.

I also tried it manually after Autostart tried it to no avail.

thanks

trackfile link attached is a cold start mission.

I created a track file in VR 25MB, then on the desktop with VR Enabled un checked and it was 24MB

thanks

Not sure what to say tbh, using the track it loads the cartridge just fine. 9099 is entered both automatically and manually, only difference is LS not being pressed after punching in the numbers when you did it manually. I'm guessing because you did not get the numbers on your end..
The 9 button is indeed held down when using the auto start but doesn't seem to affect it negatively in any way, other than being held in visually. And as you said pressing it in some way makes it pop back out.

Do you have the ability to record a video of it perhaps, as unfortunately the track doesn't seem to very helpful in figuring this out? Preferably not in VR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A trivial mission with just the player Viggen should make a very small track file.  If you need help with that I can post my test mission later tonight. 

On 12/20/2022 at 3:27 PM, MYSE1234 said:

Not sure what to say tbh, using the track it loads the cartridge just fine. 9099 is entered both automatically and manually, only difference is LS not being pressed after punching in the numbers when you did it manually. I'm guessing because you did not get the numbers on your end..
The 9 button is indeed held down when using the auto start but doesn't seem to affect it negatively in any way, other than being held in visually. And as you said pressing it in some way makes it pop back out.

Do you have the ability to record a video of it perhaps, as unfortunately the track doesn't seem to very helpful in figuring this out? Preferably not in VR

video here 🙂

6 minutes ago, advancedme said:

Any suggestions anyone?

The lame suggestion, but sometimes works, is too do a repair of your installation. I don't have any better ideas. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, advancedme said:

Life has been made better thanks to brute force.

Gone from i5 6400 to i7 6700k ☺️

A big difference 

I'm glad to hear!